Hello! And some questions... - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Hello! And some questions...

Hi everyone. I am looking at potentially purchasing a C-HR soon and wanted to get some input from current owners.

1) What are your biggest likes of the C-HR?

2) What are your biggest dislikes of the C-HR?

3) Would you re-purchase your C-HR?

4) What type of things should I look out for? Any major concerns?

5) How much cargo capacity does the C-HR really have with the seats folded down (I occasionally need to haul items for work and can fill an older Ford Escape)?

Just a little bit of background information- The C-HR is going to be used as a daily driver with the occasional 500+ mile road trip. I am looking for a reliable vehicle, decent gas mileage and the ability to haul large boxes once in a while.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 08:33 AM

Welcome to the forum! With the second row up, you'll be getting 19 cu-ft of cargo volume and 36.4 with the seats down. Not sure which model year of Ford Escape you have, but it's massive with 68 cu-ft of cargo volume when the seats are down.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
SiR

I wish it had better performance and its CVT might be to blame for that, however Toyota has done well over the years by not making cars too sporty. As long as sales are good enough they won't be touching performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 12:20 PM

This thread should help you a lot --- https://www.toyotachrforum.com/forum/...yota-c-hr.html

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 06:11 PM

Garage
I have mine since May of 2017. So far I like it quite well. Reviews talk about lack of power but I don't find it does. If you are in eco mode it is sluggish from a traffic light but if you select sport mode it changes the characteristics significantly. I was
visiting my parents recently and drove their 2017 Kia Soul for a couple of weeks. Same price range and it had a few options that my C-HR doesn't but after living with it for that period of time decided I preferred the C-HR. While the C-HR cockpit feels more snug the hatch and storage in the C-HR was much more accommodating. The C-HR is more comfortable on the highway and also handles better. I have been surprised at how much stuff you can load in the C-HR with the seats down. No regrets on the purchase.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 PM

Garage
I would recomend it. Great car with lots of aftermarket following. Real world gas milage in town driving. I get 460km to a tank.

Certified machinist /fabricator.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 11:44 PM
SiR

Good point on aftermarket parts because this is a global product which has already influenced how quick aftermarket parts come to market, even performance parts from TRD came out soon after the production CH-R launched. Soon enough the budget aftermarket brands will catch on.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
Good point on aftermarket parts because this is a global product which has already influenced how quick aftermarket parts come to market, even performance parts from TRD came out soon after the production CH-R launched. Soon enough the budget aftermarket brands will catch on.
Do you guys think down the line, dependant on the success of the CH-R that we will get a TRD edition of the CH-R? In my opinion the sole engine offering doesn't quite match up with its sporty styling. Just curious what the costs difference would be between making aftermarket modifications yourself, or picking up a Toyota tuned TRD CH-R.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 11:23 PM

Garage
A chr offered with trd upgrades will always be costly from the dealer. Depending whats done it would possibly be 8 to 10k more. With the current goods on market you could do a nicely modified chr for 2 to 5k depending on what you do.

And note that the chr is offeted with 3 options not just 1 (except North america dosent get the other offerings yet but im sure we will get the hybrid)

1.2 liter turbo awd
Hybrid fwd
2 liter fwd

There is also the hy power concept we will wait and see on that one.

Certified machinist /fabricator.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:38 AM

Garage
I would get a C-HR again if I lost this one. I would however probably go for another color as Silver is nice, but I have had before. If I had to do again, I would go for White, Blue or the red.

PDR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page