Radar, Muffler and Console Install - Toyota C-HR Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Radar, Muffler and Console Install

Installed radar detector from mirror, added console insert and installed muffler tip..NOTE: That gizmo near the clock is a cell phone magnet holder (you put thin metal on phone back)-it also swivels to angle phone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toy1.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	3170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toy.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toyo.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	3186  
danperalta and jadehawk like this.

Last edited by vvette; 01-07-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: more stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 01:44 PM

Garage
Good morning, I like the muffler tip. Can you do a pick of the muffler tip from further back? I always like to see the accessories with the whole vehicle in view to see how it looks with the vehicle overall. Where did you get it?

PDR
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrumans View Post
Good morning, I like the muffler tip. Can you do a pick of the muffler tip from further back? I always like to see the accessories with the whole vehicle in view to see how it looks with the vehicle overall. Where did you get it?
You can surf thru Ebay for around $20.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 04:25 AM

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperalta View Post
You can surf thru Ebay for around $20.00
  • Is it "bolted On", or "Welded On"?
  • What Diameter is it?
  • Any chance of an eBay link to the same one you got?
  • Extra picture from a little more far away?

Thank you..

So far I like the look of that tip.

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jadehawk; 01-12-2018 at 04:27 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Here one for just 15 bucks..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...8/202154474035

It have bolts to fix it. Diameter is bigger so will fit for sure.

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutCH-R View Post
Here one for just 15 bucks..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...8/202154474035

It have bolts to fix it. Diameter is bigger so will fit for sure.
Thanks.. They are one size fits all. Still debating.. sure would have been nice if it had a nice tip from OEM

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 PM

Where did you tap the power for the detector? I cant find any info on removing any interior panels to run wires, or good sources for power tapping period. Heck, still not sure how to remove the radio bezel to replace the head unit to an aftermarket NAV! Any info appreciated.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 10:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyra View Post
Where did you tap the power for the detector? I cant find any info on removing any interior panels to run wires, or good sources for power tapping period. Heck, still not sure how to remove the radio bezel to replace the head unit to an aftermarket NAV! Any info appreciated.
In my case I got power for my detector and camera from the fuse box and routed the wires along the trim and weather stip from the door. very easy just tucked them in no need to remove any panels (maybe just pry (pull) the A-Pillar just a little but not hard to do)..
Even hid the wires behind that cover panel behind the mirror (Just pops out)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180213_214319.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	3826   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180213_214434.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	3834  
danperalta likes this.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 07:18 PM

Did not realize there was room to squeeze the wire past the pillar or liner. I like the idea of going from the fuse block, easy to get power without cutting and splicing wires. Now I can finish the dash cam project and maybe run a wire for the detector as well. Thanks for the info and pictures.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 01:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyra View Post
Did not realize there was room to squeeze the wire past the pillar or liner. I like the idea of going from the fuse block, easy to get power without cutting and splicing wires. Now I can finish the dash cam project and maybe run a wire for the detector as well. Thanks for the info and pictures.
No Problem.. and yes there is plenty of room, update when you can after you finish the dash cam install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page