C-HR rear seats made of Polyolefin foam - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

C-HR rear seats made of Polyolefin foam

If anyone has ever wondered about the rear seat material in the C-HR, they're made of Piocelan polyethylene/polypropylene (PE/PP) hybrid foam and there's a wire frame inserted into it for greater strength. Also the foam will absorb impact in case of an accident so your passengers won't sink into the seats.

Here's a better explanation of the seat foam: https://www.plasticstoday.com/automo...07042175547359
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:25 AM
SiR

That page got taken down but with the information you've provided so far that has me thinking about how comfortable/uncomfortable these will be on short/long trips.

Has anyone here had seat time yet? Even if they are uncomfortable I doubt it will change anyones mind on buying.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM

Haven't had seat time, there's an autoshow going on in Toronto so I may check it out, but that's if they even let anyone sit in the C-HR for that matter. But like you said, even if they are uncomfortable, I'll still buy it. Seats can be changed and I'm not super picky about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

It's really all about how comfortable the driver's seat is because you're stuck in one position for long trips. Rear passengers can shift around if their butt gets tired or add some extra cushioning to the seat, but whatever the C-HR comes with is what the driver is stuck with.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:09 PM
SiR

I heard Toyota isn't being friendly about letting people in the CH-R which is shocking since very soon it will be launched, so maybe during this time things are being rushed and what's going around to the shows in Canada is a pre-production model. Spring is right around the corner.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:11 PM

That sucks. You would think at this point it would be fully accessible. Guess we just have to wait till they pop up at dealerships to have some seat time and see what we think. Not much longer anyhow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page