Will the Toyota C-HR get 3D tail lights? - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
SiR

Will the Toyota C-HR get 3D tail lights?

The C-HR Concept was revealed with 3D tail lights, much different than anything we're used to seeing, especially in a brand that keeps concepts close to their production versions. What are the chances this will come to production?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Maybe not as angular as those but something similar in shape. Still hoping it's going to look exactly like the concept lights.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
SiR

At the very least i'd like them to have it wrap around from the edge of the rear hatch to the quarter panel and have some sort of 3D effect going on. With what Toyota has been doing recently, we're bound to see something stand out about it, and that will happen soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Guy

It would be cool if they did a production version of those, but they won't be something nearly so dramatic.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
SiR

Glad to finally see we did get the 3D tail lights, although it doesn't stick out as much, it's actually better, flows with design far better and overall... a clean design.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 12:29 PM

I actually prefer the production lights more. The concept lights just stuck out too much and it's not very practical.
These ones are still edgy but they flow with the car lines more.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Guy

i think that the back end looks great. The trunk is a little weird in its design since the body moulding doesn't match the outline of where the trunk hatch actually opens.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
SiR

Looks like lights that stick out from the body is a new thing, even Lamborghini has it going on, with the new Centernario:

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 01:51 AM

Oh god that's ugly. There's bringing new design concepts to the market and then there's overdoing it. At least with the C-HR it looks like it belongs. The Centernario looks weird.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
SiR

I actually liked it a lot and in the future i bet they will work in more open design sort of like what happened to the Ford GT and some other supercars on the market. If they do that these lamborghini's will get even hotter in design and it's the one thing that will keep them ahead in design. But back to the HC-R... i'm glad to see that we're getting some of that styling that really high end vehicles are getting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page