Black roofing on my chr - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Black roofing on my chr

I've recently been looking at other people's chr via google images. And instantly fell in love with the black top . But I noticed it wasn't offered when I got my car. I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be okay, to go to like a body shop and have them paint the body of the roof to be black to give it that illusion? Or could I have the Toyota dealer actually customize it for me? I haven't received the car yet , because I'm in the process of having it delivered to my dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 PM

I believe the black top versions you're seeing is the Toyota C-HR Koba Version. To my knowledge, they are only available in Japan and certain parts of Europe.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 AM
SiR

Don't get it painted, instead you will want to get it wrapped. Vinyl wrap will look just like paint and perfect if you plan on being a short term owner. If you go that route, make sure to do your research and find a good wrap shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:07 PM

I , like Amber, like the looks of the black roof. That's not an option on the US models.
I work in a collision center and even I won't have it painted. I'll soon be going the wrap route.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 PM

Here in Europe some versions have the black roof. Its painted from factory.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 03:20 AM

Here in the US-Honolulu, Hawaii we have the shitty options only. Believe me it looks dope with a black roof. I did the black roof mod the second day of ownership!

SiR likes this.

Last edited by 808; 10-08-2017 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Fun
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Here in the US-Honolulu, Hawaii we have the shitty options only. Believe me it looks dope with a black roof. I did the black roof mod the second day of ownership!

Did you have the roof wrapped or painted yourself & if wrapped can I asked what was the cost .. Thanks!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 09:24 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post

Great choice as it goes a long way in making the CH-R look more sporty than it actually is. Don't be surprised if you find yourself getting compliments when people see it in public.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:20 PM

Update!
As I said, I love the black roof and want it on my car. But I'm definitely re-thinking paint-vs-wrap. The local tint/wrap shop quoted me $400 to do the roof ... NOT including the spoiler or the shark fin. He said those parts would require several pieces and it would be best to paint them.
Well, if I'm going to have to paint part of it, I may as well paint it all.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Depends on what you're after. I do prefer wrap because it isn't a permanent change and you can just tear it off a few years down the road if you change your mind. I'm indecisive like that.

But if you're set on the black roof and painting is cheaper then have at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page