Mudguards-Installation of (OEM) - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mudguards-Installation of (OEM)

Hey All!!

I just purchased the mudguards for my CHR on amazon...
http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/pro...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone done this? Is there a some drilling required or does it just use the existing screws/bolts...Im not mechanically disinclined but,I don't like the idea of drilling into the wheel wells...I'm OCD...Hoping that it simply uses the existing bolts...!!

Thanks in advance...

DrZeus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 12:35 PM

Garage
front is easy just onbolt a few screws and put it in place .
The backside take the wheel of screw the top to the car and drill to holes ( you see what i mean when your busy)

WRC fan
Regards Jo
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 05:41 AM

Garage
I was looking forward on this. but now you say drilling is needed!! crap.. still got to try it! thanx for the info

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:42 AM

Its just a small hole in the plastic wheelarch.. nothing special but you have to take the wheel off to drill straight.

If your mudflaps does not come with manual see here the Toyota installation manual :
https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimupload..._003_779_0.pdf
jadehawk likes this.

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

I'm not very well versed in auto repair/mods, but I installed them myself with no problem. Just took me a little longer I suppose...maybe an hour all told. And yes, I don't like modifying my vehicle by drilling holes but they're tiny and inconspicuous. No big deal.
jadehawk likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 04:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutCH-R View Post
Its just a small hole in the plastic wheelarch.. nothing special but you have to take the wheel off to drill straight.

If your mudflaps does not come with manual see here the Toyota installation manual :
https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimupload..._003_779_0.pdf

Thank you for the PDF.. After looking at it. You are all correct is very simple. Now to add them to my wish list.. Thank you

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 04:43 AM

can you post a pic of what the car looks like with the mudguards on ...thanks!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 08:09 AM

Here a pic of the rear one.. dont have front flaps installed because they dont fit with the sideskirts.

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 AM

I installed them too and yes, there is some drilling but its not too bad. My mudguards did not come with instructions. I found some online but they were the wrong ones. I later found the correct instructions. I'll see if I can dig them up.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 08:57 AM

I found the installation instructions in PDF but it won't let me upload them. Sorry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page