2018 Toyota C-HR May Get Colored Roof - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

2018 Toyota C-HR May Get Colored Roof

The 2018 Toyota C-HR is going to come with optional contrasting roof. The prototype on display at the Chicago auto show had a metallic teal body and a gloss white roof. I've always like the floating roof look and it'll be nice to get a white body with a black roof or a red body with a black roof. Just something different.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Reminds me of a mini-cooper color combination. But other manufacturers like Kia are doing the same thing with the Soul. Personally I'd skip out on the white roof but I can see people going for it. Like you listed, White with a black roof or Red with a black roof and I'll be a content camper.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Depends on how much more Toyota will charge for a painted roof and I really can't see a white roof looking good on any color but blindingly bright paints. This two toned thing seems to be a new trend, even Jeep is doing it with the Compass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:54 AM

The two-tone thing works on the right vehicles and appeals to a lot more people by making a simple change.

The white roof can look good even on a nice red metallic paint job. It's an old-school combination that adds more character to the already animated C-HR. Am I a fan of it, not really, but I'm sure there are people out there that are.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

The two tone roof works best on crossovers with a roof that's not too large. Can't see it apply to full sized SUVs or anything low to the ground like a sedan. If the black is an affordable option then I may be interested.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:17 PM

The main thing is the way it cuts off at the bottom. If there is a clean area where the roof/top panel ends in conjunction with the A pillar and the rear, then it'll work well. If it's something continuous, then obviously, not possible. Well it is possible, but it would look stupid
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 AM
SiR

Starting to wonder if they will use the CH-R as a platform to offer an EV, and if that's the case then maybe the 3rd roof option will be a carbon fiber roof

It's a bit of a stretch but with how much cheaper CF is getting by the month, that is a growing possibility.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM

The Euro version and Australian versions are offered with black or white roof options.
North america only gets white roof options.
Cost $540 for the blue or green & $795 for the red here in Canada.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:38 AM

There is no way they would ever have an option for a carbon fiber roofed C-HR. They'd do that with the Supra first before anything I would think and even at that, I highly doubt that one too haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page