Oilchange - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oilchange

So my 1st oil change was october 2017 and the next time they told me will be once i get the 16,000km is this the same process for u guys? They said this is the standard change oil time frame (every 16,000km)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Yes. 10,000 miles (16,000 KM) is the standard oil change interval. While I cringe a little at this, I've come to accept it especially since synthetic oil is called for by Toyota for these engines. If you want you can do your own oil change in the middle of that interval. I did my own oil change at 1000 miles to get the break in oil out of the car. But will most likely stick with the 10k miles intervals.

For my BMW, the factory calls for 13,000 miles between oil changes. That mileage adjusts based on some algorithm used in their CBS (condition based service) system that is in the electronics of my car. I have not followed that service interval. I do another oil change in between as my BMW has a turbo inline 6. No way am I letting oil go that long on a turbo car. Even my buddy who is a BMW dealer tech says this is what I should be doing.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 07:03 PM

I bought my 2018 but it was 2019 model. Warning sign came on and took it to Toyota for my first service. Feeling excited, service is done went outside and tell someone to get my car it's ready (fast forward). The advisor said everything looks good no issue, rotation on the tire and I'm good to go. Wait a minute, how about the oil change? Oh! not until 10,000 miles (I only have 5,000 plus miles). No way, yup he said they use special Synthetic oil for CHR. OK no problem, now I'm getting close to 7,000 miles in 2 months my CHR will be 1 year (I got it last year October) and I'm still less than 10,000. Do you think Toyota will do the oil change even though I haven't reached 10,000 miles?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page