After the Remark Exhaust - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

After the Remark Exhaust

I just added the Remark cat-back exhaust to my 2018 CHR and that is the only mod I've done so far, and now the gas pedal has a noticeable lag. My new air filter is on order and will be here any day, any ideas what caused this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:08 PM

No idea but
- Random bottleneck somewhere (maybe air filter would fix it)
- Is that exhaust introducing new resistance and backpressure? idk. probably not.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

I would tend to think there isn't enough back pressure to allow the air fuel mixture more time to burn in the combustion chamber before evacuating out into the exhaust.

Unless you're after just the sound, I typically stay away from aftermarket exhausts.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019RavenCHR View Post
I just added the Remark cat-back exhaust to my 2018 CHR and that is the only mod I've done so far, and now the gas pedal has a noticeable lag. My new air filter is on order and will be here any day, any ideas what caused this???
I am planning on getting the same exhaust. Any other issues after installation except for the lag? Were you able to find out the cause?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti015 View Post
I am planning on getting the same exhaust. Any other issues after installation except for the lag? Were you able to find out the cause?
I wasn't able to find the cause but I bought the sprint booster V3 and a K& N air filter that fixed the lag. You gotta remember the car only has 144 HP and you have to keep that in mind. I don't plan on doing a cold air intake or anything else at this point, I'm happy with the look, sound and responsiveness of the car. And i'm loving the way she corners!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:37 AM

I was also looking into this, but from the videos I saw, it's somewhat loud when you accelerate. I don't want the unwanted attention from that tbh. Wouldn't you also need to swap out headers if you were going to get the most out of aftermarket exhausts?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 04:31 PM

@2019RavenCHR have you thought about trying the Sprint Booster V3?
I ask as I've heard that is specifically supposed to reduce Accelerator Lag.

Good Luck, and I hope you work it out!

Striker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page