Engine cranking but takes long to start - Page 2 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 02:08 PM

That's absolutely ridiculous. It sounds maybe like a lack of voltage or something. UNLESS what they're trying to say is the block heater is drawing power for some reason constantly (which it shouldn't as it requires to be plugged in for it to be used) but I wouldn't want to pay for any diagnostic charges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I don't even have a block heater installed on the car! So I guess they just wanted me to leave. Anyways since they cleared the codes in the OBD it hasn't re done it since so I cross my fingers that's the last of it.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium
Silver Knockout Metallic
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well it's done it twice in the last week again. arghhh.... just gonna have to wait until it dies on me or go for my first service at 5000km

Silver Knockout Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM

..... If you don't have a block heater, how in the heck did they claim it was the block heaters fault? I would send an email or even one up, call Toyota head office customer service and complain. They'll shoot over a message to the dealership and ensure that it gets dealt with properly
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 10:30 AM

Salut je travail chez Toyota Valleyfield et j ai le meme probleme avec mon Ch-r on est justement entrain de faire des recherches . je vous tient au courant des développement . si vous voulez me rejoindre 514-577-7329 mon nom est Benjamin .

Bonne journée Merci
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well the car did it again twice this weekend. Cranked for about 8 seconds before starting. The other time it cranked about 2-3 seconds before starting. The first time it happened this weekend I was sure it wasn't gonna start. 8 seconds is a long time for a car to crank over!!

Silver Knockout Metallic
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 AM

Since it's a recurring problem, it may be time to bring it in to the dealership and have them look into it. Could be bad wiring or something with the ECU?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So brought the car to the dealer 2 weeks ago and the car had done it twice again during the week but no code in the ECU. A snap shot was sent to Toyota Canada for investigation but they couldn't find anything. So they ordered a new fuel sending unit and I've gotta go back to the dealer to get it changed. UNfortunately they have no clue what it is...I'll keep you guys posted. I suspect there is a leak in the fuel line and it gets unprimed from time to time...
HRH likes this.

Silver Knockout Metallic
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiValleyfield View Post
Salut je travail chez Toyota Valleyfield et j ai le meme probleme avec mon Ch-r on est justement entrain de faire des recherches . je vous tient au courant des développement . si vous voulez me rejoindre 514-577-7329 mon nom est Benjamin .

Bonne journée Merci
Salut Benjamin, comment as-tu reglé ton problème? as-tu changé la pompe a essence?

Silver Knockout Metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page