HID Ground Wire Issue - Page 2 - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

No worries. I've been pretty happy with the Xenon Depot kit. It also helps that they are responsive via email and by phone.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Yes. Both bulbs are identical as far as I can tell in being able to be inserted into the headlight assembly one way. I took a picture of my drive home in the dark. You can see no shadow and even distribution of lighting.
So I just got my Xenon Depot bulbs and I noticed that the ground wire is brown instead of white. From what I understand, the brown wire is a 4300k color and the white is 5000k, did yours come with a brown or white wire? Also the ground wire is at a 3 to 4 oclock position, is this where yours is? Thank you.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

I just checked one of the bulbs. The wire is brown. I never heard of the color of the wire indicator the color temp. And the ground wire is at about the 3 o'clock position when mounted in the headlight assembly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the useful info guys.

The bulbs themselves look very affordable, much lower than what I was expecting.
Did you upgrade the housing as well?

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

No. I did not upgrade the housing. I got into a heated debate with someone over at the Toyota Nation forum about this. He said I didn't do a proper upgrade and that I needed to spend another few hundred to get a proper HID housing. Whatever. The bulb upgrade works perfectly fine as you can see from the picture I posted. Also, I have a comparison between this car and my BMW which came from the factory with HIDs. No difference in beam pattern and illumination. Just another dude looking to show off his e-peen to justify how much money he spent.

The only thing I did do as I've mentioned on other posts is to have the lens of the factory housing clear vinyl wrapped to preserve the housing from pitting and hazing over time. It's not even a year yet since purchasing my car and I have seen some significant divets in the vinyl which would have done a number on the plastic/UV coating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page