Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Headlight adjustment

12K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mikesea 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to adjust headlights? Mine appears to be a pointing a bit too high as people are often annoyed at me when I drive at night. I get so many high beams and honks.

Went to the dealership and of course they turned me away saying nothing was wrong

Second question, are all dealerships like this or is it just Toyota techs who doesn't wanna work? I went to them for radio issues and they came back saying nothing wrong, asked them to program the window roll down with fob and they came back saying C-hr doesn't support it, then went in for headlights and they came back saying nothing wrong

#2 ·
It may very well be the headlights are at factory specs. My ex's Acura RDX had that problem where people were constantly high beaming her thinking she had her high beams on. Took the car to the dealer and they said it was at spec. My BMW on the other hand was too low for my liking. I could barely see 30 feet or so ahead of the car. Took it to the dealer twice with them saying it was at factory spec. I pushed my service adviser about this and he manually adjusted the lights himself to where I felt they were acceptable.

I'll take a look at my C-HR when I get a chance. There should be two adjustment screws on the head light assembly to adjust both vertical and horizontal aim.

Reactions: Striker
#4 ·
I looked at the headlight assembly and found only one adjustment screw. Not sure if there is another but couldn't find it. I've attached a pic of the adjustment screw.

Attachments

#6 ·
You're welcome. You don't need a wrench or socket to adjust it. Just a Phillips head screw driver. When you look at the adjuster, you'll see on top an opening where you can insert the screw driver. The teeth on the adjustment screw are for the Phillips screw driver to grab on to.

I suggest you find a nice level surface that has a wall or a garage door. Turn the lights on for your car and mark the hot spot of the beam on both sides with painter's tape. This will give you a reference as to how much you need to adjust the headlights from their current setting. It'll also allow you to make sure you have an even adjustment for both headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.