HIDs and Automatic Headlights - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

HIDs and Automatic Headlights

I am thinking of picking up a set of Morimoto Elite HIDs. I am worried about the automatic on/off feature. Through my research I read that this wont be problem through daily driving since the bulbs are made to turn on and off like any other bulb. The only issue is that some cars that do have an auto on/off feature will turn on the headlights before the engine cranks over when starting the car. Since the engine is turning on, the voltage is different and causes the HIDs to either flicker or flash on and off potentially causing damage to the ballast. My question is does the CHR with push button start have this issue when starting the car? Or do the lights turn on without and flickering or flashing. Also, has anyone found any issues with keeping automatic headlights on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:09 PM

I'm sure you'll get a 50/50 mix of people who have both good and bad experiences with this. But that quick on/off can't be good for the ballast over time.

In my opinion, just turn the headlights off before starting and back to whatever setting after the car is on.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I'm sure you'll get a 50/50 mix of people who have both good and bad experiences with this. But that quick on/off can't be good for the ballast over time.

In my opinion, just turn the headlights off before starting and back to whatever setting after the car is on.
Yeah you are right, from my research seems like everyone is very split about this issue. I guess I'll just try it out on my own and find out haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page