Apple CarPlay Dongle - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Apple CarPlay Dongle

Hey guys, so after doing a copious amount of heartbreaking research, I don’t believe we will have a solution from Toyota for Apple CarPlay Retrofit for the 2017-2018 model(s) of the CHR. I am unbelievably disappointed that they cannot retrofit our modern systems. I believe Apple CarPlay is a valuable asset, and provides an ample amount of “must have” features. Which begs the question, has anyone tried to use the “hack” Apple CarPlay dongle? If so, please share your experiences here... I would much rather deal with a dongle, than to drop a quarter of a thousand dollars (which it’s probably even more), for a **** replacement. I’m not knocking anyone who has made the investment, I think most of the replacements I’ve seen on these forums look pretty **** good! However, I’m a college student. I can’t afford to Frankenstein this thing, but I am open to other methods.

Please let me know!

Very Respectfully,

The proudest CHR Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:57 AM

The Apple Carplay dongle only works if the system is Android, so that will not work in a C-HR with Toyota Touch 2
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

My personal opinion is to junk the factory Infotainment system and get an aftermarket one. You're in a lucky position where you have a myriad of options out there which will work in your car along with adapters/install kits being available. Us 2019 owners are stuck with the Entune 3.0 system until the aftermarket catches up. If I could physically put in a double DIN head unit which easily installs into your car, I would have done so already.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page