Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for 2019 - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for 2019

The C-HR is getting a few changes for the new MY including a much improved infotainment system. So far this has only been confirmed for Malaysia but I don't see why Toyota wouldn't make the same updates for NA. autobuzz.my/2019/01/23/updated-toyota-c-hr-gets-android-auto-and-apple-carplay-for-2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 01:39 PM

thing is that its not confirmed it would release firmware update for lets say 2018 models with touch&Go2 systems to support carplay and android auto. not sure if its actually processor limitations on previous models or just software (firmware and drivers).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:42 PM
SiR

CH-R sales are poor in North America not just from what you can see everyday with your own eyes but Toyota has been producing sales stats that show a scary decline

Quote:
Launched last year, Toyota was banking on the CH-R to be a huge sales hit. But while the trendy sub-compact crossover is selling extremely well in Europe and Japan, it’s a decidedly different story in the US, as sales have fallen significantly short of Toyota’s high expectations. The automaker expected to sell 5,000 C-HRs every month after it launched in the US, but this has yet to happen. So far, its best-selling month was in February this year with 4,420 cars sold, thanks to better supply from the factory and new financial incentives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 09:50 AM

A large part of that is probably due to the fact that its so lacking in tech and there isn't even an AWD variant. Built in phone compatibility should be standard equipment in every new car that Toyota releases.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
A large part of that is probably due to the fact that its so lacking in tech and there isn't even an AWD variant. Built in phone compatibility should be standard equipment in every new car that Toyota releases.

so hopefully it will be a wake up call for Toyota.
I wrote to Toyota support asking if carplay will be available for cars with Touch & Go2 and the answer was: " this functionality is likely to be available in the future , but we have no further information for the moment."
So I hope they will ramp up development a bit and will make it available sooner than later.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 11:32 AM

There is no way that Toyota could implement that kind of compatibility just through software. At least it looks like they have heard customer complaints and will be addressing these shortcomings in the next MY.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 12:55 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTC View Post
so hopefully it will be a wake up call for Toyota.
I wrote to Toyota support asking if carplay will be available for cars with Touch & Go2 and the answer was: " this functionality is likely to be available in the future , but we have no further information for the moment."
So I hope they will ramp up development a bit and will make it available sooner than later.
During this time you might have some luck in getting answers from your local dealer.
Sometimes they go to dealer events where exclusive information is given ahead of time that isn't shared or announced elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page