UK - Replace JBL Stereo Unit - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sbpfoto

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

UK - Replace JBL Stereo Unit

I've noticed a few people on here have replaced their factory stereo unit for an aftermarket one - I'm very interested in that as well, as although I've got the 'premium' JBL stereo, it's still a bit lacking.

However, I'm very confused around what I would need exactly - my criteria for a new unit would be:

1. Bluetooth audio connection capability to play music from Spotify etc.
2. SatNav built in
3. All existing car functions (such as the reversing camera and steering wheel controls) work seamlessly
4. Apple CarPlay ideally
5. Decent EQ
6. Easy to install!

Does anyone have any idea on a unit that meets all the above criteria, and is available in the UK....?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:44 AM

KiriNavi and Belsee both have aftermarket head units compatible with the C-HR. Not sure if they retain the steering wheel functions or if they are offered in the UK. Though a bit more involved you can also get systems from Kenwood and Pioneer.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM
SiR

If a good subwoofer is on your list with previous cars i've owned adding shallow mount subwoofer (pioneer sells them) helped a lot along with taking up the least amount of cargo space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 AM

Are these plug and play or do they require someone with electrical expertise? The stock headunit looks pretty horrible and I'm seeing a lot of complaints about it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 06:06 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias227 View Post
Are these plug and play or do they require someone with electrical expertise? The stock headunit looks pretty horrible and I'm seeing a lot of complaints about it.
They require all the typical wiring which with a reputable car audio/video guy doesn't cost much.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 PM

I did my research and yes, you can go cheaper radio. Make sure sure all necessary plug that your oem radio came with, your new radio has it all as well. The picture below is an OEM radio on the left and aftermarket cheap radio $99 on the right. Please make sure always consult with a technician before you buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_201148.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	5216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181229-200930_Wish.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	5218  
SiR likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:43 PM
SiR

I think most people will go to a reputable car audio/video shop anyways and get it all done their although this technical knowledge helps. Some shops do shady work even with simple wiring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page