Lighting Mods! - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nestor Alexander Nazario
  • 1 Post By Nestor Alexander Nazario

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lighting Mods!

I despise the cheap, tacky, yellow-ish color of halogen lights, so my first mod to my new C-HR is completely removing any trace of them from the car. I just got done putting a mix of "Ice Blue" and white LEDs throughout the interior and the license plate lights. I will post pictures tonight when I can really show of the colors... but with that phase done, I have some questions:

1) How do I access the reverse lights?! I couldn't figure it out when I was digging around in the back. Gonna suck if I actually have to remove the tail light assembly to get to it. Also, if I do get to it, what size are the bulbs?

2) What HIDs do you all recommend? When I was a wee lad in high school and early college, I would put cheap kits from Ebay on and call it a day. Now with a newer car that's still got 75k+ to go under warranty, I don't want to be messing around with that. I've had a few friends recommend the "Ultra" kits from DDM Tuning, and whereas I don't mind spending $110 for them, I'd like to know if there are any other comparable options that would save a little cash for some more mods. I see some OPT7 and Kensun options on Amazon in the $70-ish dollar range with free Prime shipping, but reviews seem mixed. Any help would be appreciated!
meanmachine19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ice Blue up front, white in the back seats, ice blue in the cargo area, white for the plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2524.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	4998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2523.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5000  
meanmachine19 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 05:41 PM

"I despise the cheap, tacky, yellow-ish color of halogen lights" ... LMAO! you obviously weren't around during the tungsten days! We thought halogens were the brightest lights on earth when they came out. I just took the old tungsten sealed beams out of my 1963 Thunderbird and went with the halogen upgrade.
Anyway, I went with HID's for my C-HR because even the vendors will tell you that LED bulbs don't work well in projector housings.

-----Erwin__________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 05:05 PM

I just got my C-HR this week and want to change out a dome bulb. It is hard to do? I don't want to bust the lens up. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page