Installed A 10" Radio Over The Weekend - Toyota C-HR Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Talking Installed A 10" Radio Over The Weekend

Installed my aftermarket Eonon radio this weekend. It is the GA2168 model if anybody wanted to know. Here are the parts that went into installing it:

* Metra - Dash Kit Part # 95-8265HG

* Axxess AX-TOY28SWC Steering Wheel Controller " I used this to avoid tapping or cutting into the factory harness and I just cut off the wires I did not need. This also allowed me to retain the factory Auxiliary port

* Axxess AXTOYUSB2 Toyota 5 Pin USB Adapter to Retain the oem USB Port.

* Metra 40-LX11 Stereo Antenna Adapter

* Metra 70-1761 Main Radio Harness

Only thing I need to decide is if I want to connect the factory cam or add another one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radio - Copy.jpeg
Views:	1738
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	3298  
jadehawk likes this.

Last edited by Meedo; 01-16-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:38 AM

Garage
Wow. Nice!!! This is what i need.. did you do the install yourself?

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 AM

Great job on the installation!
Was it a simple plug and play installation for the GA2168? It does't looks like it's sitting flush against the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Awesome! A 10 unit will fit on that space? Sounds incredible! Is this unit android auto? Some reviews state some lag in response to touchscreen taps... Are you experiencing it yourself? Also, how is the sound quality compared to stock?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadehawk View Post
Wow. Nice!!! This is what i need.. did you do the install yourself?
Yes I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
Great job on the installation!
Was it a simple plug and play installation for the GA2168? It does't looks like it's sitting flush against the dash.
Thank you! Once you get the needed harnesses all you gotta do connect the wires together and then it will be plug and play on the car's side and retain the factory USB/Aux Ports too. The headunit it self is double din standard size and fits in the original radio's spot perfectly. However, the screen gets attached to the front by a little arm, which allows the screen to rotate in all directions and horizontally adjustable too. I just have mine turned towards me it looks so much nicer and easier to see that way. See attached picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZeus View Post
Awesome! A 10 unit will fit on that space? Sounds incredible! Is this unit android auto? Some reviews state some lag in response to touchscreen taps... Are you experiencing it yourself? Also, how is the sound quality compared to stock?
The main unit is double din standard size and the screen attaches to the front, see my comment up top The unit does not support apple play or android auto, however the unit it self has Android 7.1 and has an application which allows me to mirror my phone "Android or Apple " to the unit directly and works smoothly.

For what it is, it works great to be honest, there is no lag and boots up fairly quickly. I love using google maps on there and I have it automatically connect to my phone's hotspot. The sound quality is also surprisingly good compared to stock it is hard to tell the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GA2168-05.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	3322  
jadehawk likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:22 PM

very nice!

What is that thing on the left of your dash? Does it project things into the windshield?

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
very nice!

What is that thing on the left of your dash? Does it project things into the windshield?
Thank you, that's a head up display unit "HUD" it connects to the OB2 port and reflects the speed/rpms/voltage and other things on the windshield. plug and play.
jadehawk likes this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 07:27 AM

Garage
Thank you for that last picture that shows how the screen is connected to the dash unit. I did not know it was like that.. Nice

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadehawk View Post
Thank you for that last picture that shows how the screen is connected to the dash unit. I did not know it was like that.. Nice
Thank you very much !

I wanted to also add that the correct USB Adapter is the TY1 not the 2, so it would PAC USB-TY1, unfortunately I could not edit the main post.
sho23 likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 09:01 PM

Garage
Nice, that's exactly what i need, can you post here like a tutorial for us please?? with pics, or if u can make a video is better. and whats the name of the thing that project things on the windshield, and how to connect it please...

thanks
zetava likes this.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE. Ruby Flare Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page