Locking doors while vehicle is warming up... - Page 3 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Please keep me posted about the group by THANK YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

12Volt.solutions.com Install

Just recd and installed the 12volt Solutions remote start module. Eazy Peazy (once you figure out where the connections are and how to access them). Kudos to Clay at 12voltSolutions for answering any questions promptly.
I'm pretty non-mechanic, but I do know electrical systems pretty well and I'm quite pleased so far. It works well out of the box with everything included...the system is dependent on the rf range of the stock key FOB and mine is pretty petty even with a new 2032 battery. I can start it remotely, consistently, from probably a 30 foot, unobstructed range...anything in the way (like a wall...forget it) That's Toyota's problem, not 12Volt Solutions. Anyway, I will probably upgrade to the SmartStart system so I can start from virtually anywhere with my cell...
I recorded some video during the install and I may get it posted on youtube at some point. Its pretty cold here and I was in a hurry. Not sure if its concise enuff to bother.
Still quite pleased with this remedy...Any questions, just ask!
Been there! Done That!
HRH likes this.

Last edited by DrZeus; 11-21-2017 at 06:49 PM.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Install Video Available Here:
HRH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 AM

I have given the 12volt solutions remote start serious consideration, mainly because it uses the OEM keyfob. Unfortunately, the crappy range (less than 30 feet) of the OEM keyfob makes this a deal-breaker.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Just upgraded the 12volt.solutions remote start system with the smartstart module. Simple one plug installation. 12volt solutions needs to do some stuff on their end once it's installed. Works AWESOME so far! I can set a schedule to remote start if the temp is below a designated degree. Lock and unlock the doors...And I can start it from virtually anywhere that has cell phone signal! 12volt.solutions.com has told me that they are offering a 10% off discount to forum and facebook members! Use code CHR10 at checkout! SWEET!!!
meanmachine19 likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 11:30 PM

Hey DrZeus, It's been a while so I just wanted to follow up on how the system was working for you? Just picked up my a 2019 for my wife and was surprised that there is no factory remote start option.... also surprised that there are no cloth heated seats but that's another topic.

Have you had any issues with this kit? Since it's plug and play too I'm sure you could uninstall before going back to the dealer, but any warranty issues because of this unit?

Thanks,
-Russ
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 09:56 PM

update?

I'm also interested in any updates, or reviews from anyone else who has one of these. If you leave the heat/defrost on when to leave the car, will it turn on when the car is started remotely?
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:20 PM

Well, I jumped in and bought one, and installed it this weekend. It couldn’t have taken more than 15 minutes. Your installation video was paramount, thank you!

So far, my only complaint with the unit is that when you remote start the vehicle, there is no way to get in it without it turning off. So once you get in, you have to re-start it again. Not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.
I wonder if that could ever be re-programmed with a firmware update by Toyota/12Volt?
Striker likes this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBigZ View Post
Well, I jumped in and bought one, and installed it this weekend. It couldn’t have taken more than 15 minutes. Your installation video was paramount, thank you!

So far, my only complaint with the unit is that when you remote start the vehicle, there is no way to get in it without it turning off. So once you get in, you have to re-start it again. Not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.
I wonder if that could ever be re-programmed with a firmware update by Toyota/12Volt?
I saw that... so is this the right order?

- remote start
- car turns on
- you walk to the car
- opens door
- car dies

??

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 04:49 PM

Maybe it's to prevent vehicle theft??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page