Headlight alignment issues - Toyota C-HR Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Headlight alignment issues

Anyone else have people flashing them at night since they think you're driving with your high beams when you are not? Ever since I got my C-HR 3 months ago, I have never been flashed so much with a car of mine for this. I've got to admit I do find the headlights are perhaps a way to high because when I put my high beams on they just seem to point at the top of trees. Anyone know what are the North American specs for headlight alignment and how to do a headlight adjustment on the C-HR?

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium
Silver Knockout Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 09:20 PM
SiR

Doesn't the owners manual state how to do this? Don't own a CH-R as yet but from past experience with my own cars I noticed they list common things like this from time to time. If not your dealership should be more than happy to do it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 04:26 PM

Not sure if this generic headlight adjustment guide would work, but it wouldn't hurt to see if it's applicable. Honestly have never adjusted headlamps before so I can't really help.
How to Adjust Car Headlights: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
maxou723 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxou723 View Post
Anyone else have people flashing them at night since they think you're driving with your high beams when you are not? Ever since I got my C-HR 3 months ago, I have never been flashed so much with a car of mine for this. I've got to admit I do find the headlights are perhaps a way to high because when I put my high beams on they just seem to point at the top of trees. Anyone know what are the North American specs for headlight alignment and how to do a headlight adjustment on the C-HR?
Iím having the same issue with my new 2018 C-HR purchased in Canada. Did you fix your problem? How? Iím thinking of lifting the hood to find the adjustment screws and tilting down the headlights a bit.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I went to the dealer and they said a lot of people were complaining of the alignment and they moved them down a bit no charge.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium
Silver Knockout Metallic
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Just to throw out my two cents worth... I've upgraded the factory installed headlights with 55watt HIDs. They are a lot brighter than stock. One thing to note is that our bulbs (both stock and the HIDs) only have one filament. They are always putting out the same amount of light. There is a shutter in front of the bulbs that opens up, from the top, when we switch to high beam and this creates a wider aperture for the light to be distributed, most prominently upwards (into the trees). And yes, I do get the occasional flash from passersby but I'm not too concerned as these are certified for use on us roads and perfectly legal.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 04:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZeus View Post
Just to throw out my two cents worth... I've upgraded the factory installed headlights with 55watt HIDs. They are a lot brighter than stock. One thing to note is that our bulbs (both stock and the HIDs) only have one filament. They are always putting out the same amount of light. There is a shutter in front of the bulbs that opens up, from the top, when we switch to high beam and this creates a wider aperture for the light to be distributed, most prominently upwards (into the trees). And yes, I do get the occasional flash from passersby but I'm not too concerned as these are certified for use on us roads and perfectly legal.
Same here not too concerned, plus is usually vehicles that are lower than the ch-r that flash me.. But I do ALWAYS flash back

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:17 PM
SiR

People who flash are usually horrible drivers anyways. If that's what gets them and they don't understand its not a high beam, then i don't want to know how they driver in bad weather driving conditions.
jadehawk likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 04:01 PM

the ONE major reason I got the CHR is a higher-off-ground seating height. So now I get blinded by less people!
SiR and jadehawk like this.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 12:17 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
the ONE major reason I got the CHR is a higher-off-ground seating height. So now I get blinded by less people!
Just wait till you get behind a tractor trailer. Those get right in your rear view mirror but thankfully an auto dimming rear view mirror solves that to some extent, at least enough that we can safely see what's going on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in