No fog lights on the XLE Premium Canadian edition - Toyota C-HR Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
No fog lights on the XLE Premium Canadian edition

Noticed that the US XLE Premium version of the CH-R has the fog lights included but not the Canadian Edition Also was told by the dealer that the fog lights are still in development by Toyota and will be available as an option shortly but no price yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:28 AM

All European versions have foglights. Normal bulb lights or LED lights for the top models.
So its no development issue i guess.. our CH-R get produced in Turkey also.

Canada have maybe special rules for these lights?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 05:08 PM

That's weird for the lights to still be in development when it's already available in the States... Probably something to due with safety laws and such as that's the only reason I can think of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Woah... now this is going to be an issue. The foglights are a big thing for me. BUT are we able to order fog lights from the states and install them ourselves?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:36 PM
SiR

This might be a good thing for those of us that wanted to go aftermarket anyways, not always are OEM setups the best, in Toyotas case they are too entry-level. I think Philips is a good aftermarket brand
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
According to the accessory brochure that I saw when I signed for mine at the dealership, they will be available shortly as an option here in Canada.
CityWok likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM

I guess better as an option than not having it at all. Just kinda wished it was going to be standard on the XLE Premium edition.

Philips for bulbs is a good brand. Not too sure if they make fog light housings. It'll also be more than just buying an aftermarket fog light and throwing it in as well, a surround or mounting bracket will be needed too I'm pretty sure
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:53 AM

So those in Canada may as well wait a while before placing your order if you want the fog lights. Guess it's a global feature that's being rolled out at different times for some reason.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 AM

If you really want it to come with it, then waiting is definitely in line. Otherwise buy it, and wait for it to become an orderable accessory and put it in yourself at some point lol
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxou723 View Post
Noticed that the US XLE Premium version of the CH-R has the fog lights included but not the Canadian Edition Also was told by the dealer that the fog lights are still in development by Toyota and will be available as an option shortly but no price yet...
Working on sourcing some fogs and rear 3rd fog lights from Japan. Will let you know what I find!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page