Multimedia system addons - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Multimedia system addons

Hello,

I live in Israel and I got my CH-R with a the basic multimedia system (without a GPS)

I was wondering if someone succeeded to add an android system to the existing multimedia system or to add on the GPS.

Thanks,
Yoadp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 AM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting a C-HR. Adding on something like that is definitely beyond my tech capabilities so unfortunately, I would be of no help at all
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Not sure if Toyota will offer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto anytime soon since they don't want to their infotainment systems controlled by Apple and Alphabet / Google.

As for doing it yourself and essentially hacking the system, there really is no way to do that right now. At least not as far as I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:07 AM

I too was wondering if the basic head unit could be upgraded with NAV and better audio performance. Has anyone done this? If so how please. Thanks in advance.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:06 AM

Look this treats on the UK C-HR forum; (Toyota C-HR Forum - Forum for all Toyota CHR Owners)

Toyota Touch2 with external MAPs Mirrorlink Drivelink - Toyota C-HR Forum

Sygic navigation w/o Mirrorlink - Page 2 - Toyota C-HR Forum

I do not know, naturally, if the C_HR in other countries is equipped with Toyota Touch 2
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Maybe the Toyota Touch 2 system is called something else outside of Europe. But it seems like the Drivelink option only works with certain phones and may not be compatible with newer devices.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:39 PM

I've seen that the Drivelink works with Androids through the Playstore but with iTunes it says "Toyota Link"

Is there a difference?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 09:39 PM

Garage
Here in the US, we don't even have an option for Navigation on the latest 2018 C-HR. The radio is pretty simple and no apps other than the "AHA" app are loaded in the radio. I do wish they would have at least allow for Android and apple integration.

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 10:01 AM

Garage
yes, thats the only thimg i dont like of my car, the radio is too simple, like my old 2015 corolla. ame API.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 10:09 AM

Hello people,

It is possible to install in the touch&go 2 an application for ambient sound (like a equalizer : rock / pop / classic ..... ) because the sound is poor !!
thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page