Tonneau Cover - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob van Jaarsveld

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Tonneau Cover

Hi...

I need a little bit of Help. So 2018 came with this cover thing for the trunk area... which reminds me of a sun shade for the windshield! Wondering if any one knows where to get a better one? I've tried multiple Toyota dealer ships and websites just cant seem to fine one.I manage to find one place but its base in Australia (which i found on IG) and its difficult to contact them Any help will be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 AM

Garage
is this what you're looknig for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBE View Post
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RlxTrbo View Post
Hi...

I need a little bit of Help. So 2018 came with this cover thing for the trunk area... which reminds me of a sun shade for the windshield! Wondering if any one knows where to get a better one? I've tried multiple Toyota dealer ships and websites just cant seem to fine one.I manage to find one place but its base in Australia (which i found on IG) and its difficult to contact them Any help will be good.
I replaced the fabric cover with the hard cover for my 2018 and it really was a PITA to get it all done as the hard cover requires different posts to mount than the fabric cover does. Those posts screw in from behind the interior panels which are difficult to remove. I have a 2019 now which has the same fabric cover and I will not be doing the replacement again. Just my opinion though. here is the link for the other posts on this topic https://www.toyotachrforum.com/forum...vs-others.html

PDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! Yeah I did check with my local dealer ship but they don’t have it and don’t know when they will get it in. I may not switch I’ve heard the other is just difficult to install.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:51 AM

Garage
@Rob

https://cartrimhome.com/Rear-Trunk-C...Yev0S212zWhjkU

I don't have any experience with the seller OR the product.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 AM

Garage
I've seen that one before Patrick. I had a similar cover in my Infiniti. Problem is: the whole assy is mounted with brackets on the side panels behind the rear seats, and stays there when folding down the rear back rests... So you'll need to take the whole thing out is you need loading space.
But thanks for the link; i couldn't find it back quickly.
PatrickBE likes this.

C-HR Hybrid Bi-Tone Hydro Blue / Night Sky Black Premium, full ventilated Nappa leather Exclusive design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:16 PM

Garage
I’ve found a couple on eBay:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223650860948
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254176923723
But I don’t know if they need that different set of posts.

My “sun visor” style one broke the 3rd time I tried to roll it up. It’s so goofy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 PM

When I first got my car, I thought the lightweight cover was kind of cheap. But after using it (and it stays in place all the time unless I need it moved) I came to the conclusion that it's only purpose in life is to block someone being able to look in the back window and seeing what's inside the car .... and it does that just fine! Also, when I need it gone, all that's required is to pull it off the studs, give it a twist to fold it and store it under to floor. I actually like it more that all the other vehicles that I've had that had the roll-up shade type cover.

-----Erwin__________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page