Help on radio replacement required parts - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Help on radio replacement required parts

Hey guys,

Just confirming, I've read through Jadehawk, Bilt, and other's posts, and kind of got the gist of it. But still, since everyone is using different things, I'm a little scared.

So what I have thus far:
Kenwood DMX7704S
idatalink Maestro RR

What I still need (?):
1. Metra 40-LX11 Antenna Adaptor Cable - Select 2009-Up Lexus/Toyota (To get radio reception)
2. iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN-RR-TO1 TO1 Plug & Play T-Harness for Toyota Vehicles (bilt confirmed that maestro works with it now)
3. AXXESS AX-TOYUSB - USB-Auxilliary Retention Harness - USB adaptor to retain the OE USB in select Toyota vehicles (so the center console usb stays working)
4. Axxess AX-TOY28SWC Steering Wheel Controller Add-On Harness with RCA and 28-Pin Connector for Toyota Vehicles (from evilbass correspondence with maestro people.)
5. Wiring diagram on chr?

Am I missing anything?

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Do I need the faceplate thing?

Metra 95-8265HG 2-Din Dash Kit for Select Toyota CH-R 2018-Up
by Metra
Link: http://a.co/6nCkMiF

Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 PM

I'm ordering everything from Crutchfield. They send you everything you need for a perfect install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM

Wish I could help you more, but this looks way too complicated since the parts are being purchased individually. You could always try contacting the radio manufacturer and ask them what you'd need for an installation.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
Wish I could help you more, but this looks way too complicated since the parts are being purchased individually. You could always try contacting the radio manufacturer and ask them what you'd need for an installation.
Yeah.. thanks for tryin though!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 12:08 PM

Garage
Yes, the faceplate will be needed, but I only used the left and right brackets. I did not use the "ring" plate.

2018 C-HR XLE Ruby Flare Pearl R-Code
2010 Rav4 (200k mi club)
2004 Sea-Doo GTX with custom fishing rig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page