Pedal commander - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Pedal commander

Has anyone had any experience with these devices?
https://www.pedalcommander.com/produ...v=7516fd43adaa
It sounds like exactly what I need to make my C-HR the perfect ride...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 AM

Garage
I had one in my BMW 330. Nice gadget, but doesn't bring all the mentioned benefits. Put the car into sports mode, and the throttle response will almost feel the same. This device does not affect the engine mappings or anything else for that matter, it just measures the amount of throttle applied and recalculates the amount of throttle to pass to the ECU. Nothing more, nothing less.
Doesn't seem to be the right thing to drive a hybrid... It will mess up the power regeneration.

C-HR Hybrid Bi-Tone Hydro Blue / Night Sky Black Premium, full ventilated Nappa leather Exclusive design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rob van Jaarsveld; 05-20-2018 at 04:48 AM. Reason: typo
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob van Jaarsveld View Post
Doesn't seem to be the right thing to drive a hybrid... It will mess up the power regeneration.
Thanx Rob for the response! I don't own the hybrid but you don't feel that it would add any more acceleration from the start? What is this thing actually good for? Merely increasing eco mode?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 04:05 AM

Garage
Nothing more than a mindf*ck... It just makes the system think you depress the accelerator more than you actually do, so nothing else happens to the engine mappings, HP's or anything else. Try to find something like "sprintbooster" on the big web, that might explain something.
Full throttle cannot be exceeded, so if you put the pedal to the metal in sports mode there won't be any difference with or without the module. If you look at the installation you will see the module is chained between the fly by wire pedal sensor and wiring harness to the ECU. That way it can and will transmit the recalculated values.
Why i know this all? Up until a few years ago i wrote my own engine mappings for my SAAB 9-5 Aere HOT, so i do know what it takes to gain HP's and torque...
Don't waste your money on that; IMHO it's just a gadget for the less gifted.

C-HR Hybrid Bi-Tone Hydro Blue / Night Sky Black Premium, full ventilated Nappa leather Exclusive design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page