JDM OEM Visor - Confirmed Fit with US - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By miyoshi82

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Cool JDM OEM Visor - Confirmed Fit with US

Just returned from Japan earlier yesterday. Their CHR is so much cooler than ours

Anyhow, I stopped by one of the toyota dealer and used hand gesture and google translate to get them to give me a booklet for the CHR. Browsing through them, I found the JDM OEM visor that I kept seeing around Japan. It's sleek and got "toyota" on it. I asked them for one, and they can't get it delivered in 1 day (I was leaving in 2). He also warned that they have no idea if it'll fit the US version.

I didn't give up - the sales guy was super nice and called around to find the closest warehouse that have it. Then, 1 hr and 2 train transfers later, we got to them warehouse and bought it. It was around $100 USD which is fine with me.

I bought some packing tape and rope, to make it into a sling-type. I figured I can just bring it onboard as a personal item (people carry tennis racket, etc all the time?).

Security flagged me after I went in, and asked me what it is. I explained (showed pictures) - and they said to check it in......... which costs me $200.

If I had more time I'd have just shipped it normally. Or not check in a 2nd bag and use that allowance for it.

But anyhow. $300 later, I am happy to report that the visor is perfect fit. I am very jet-lagged and have to catch up with work tomorrow, but as soon as I am able, I'll scan and upload the Japanese CHR booklet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29134719_10160558185030393_940145233_n.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	4129   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180317_115453.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	4137   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180315_170940.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	4145  

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

they have like, all-led version of chr (antenna fin have led, etc)

*i'm dumb, they're on here - http://toyota.jp/c-hr/accessories/style/

Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sho23; 03-19-2018 at 02:21 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:20 AM

Have you been experiencing the wind noise that some owners have been noting recently? Some have suggested that these visors could be a temporary fix. Wonder what it will take to get Toyota to offer more of these mods/accessories in North America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 12:27 PM

I knew I should have taken Japanese in school ! &*^%$$#!!! Thanks for the link. Now to translator and start ordering
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Have you been experiencing the wind noise that some owners have been noting recently? Some have suggested that these visors could be a temporary fix. Wonder what it will take to get Toyota to offer more of these mods/accessories in North America.
I honestly can't tell you because it's been 2 weeks since I last drove it. Then I came back and installed the visor... so I have no comparison. I do recall from UK forum that people found the door have little to no insulation/sound deadening though. I was reading on how one of the member over there DIY-ed it and it improved the drive quality a lot.

And yes I really hope they'd have more offering here in NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyra View Post
I knew I should have taken Japanese in school ! &*^%$$#!!! Thanks for the link. Now to translator and start ordering
It's okay, google translate and hand gestures worked lol.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:15 PM

Yep, I got myself a set over a month ago. I think I got mines around $200 both parts and labor.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
Yep, I got myself a set over a month ago. I think I got mines around $200 both parts and labor.
$200 for parts and labor and shipping? If so, that's a lot better than my stupid check-in fees lol.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
$200 for parts and labor and shipping? If so, that's a lot better than my stupid check-in fees lol.
Autofashion USA in San Diego already had them in stock. So I bought a set and had them installed along with a set of RSR Lowering Springs I ordered through them a week prior. It came out to $700 for everything.
sho23 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in