Toyota C-HR Forum banner

What to love or hate about the 2017+ Toyota C-HR?

36K views 77 replies 39 participants last post by  NTX_CHR_GUY23 
#1 ·
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Toyota C-HR, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one. :wink2:

#9 ·
The only thing that kinda annoys me is that there is only one USB port in the whole car. I would love to see 2 of them in a front and at least one in the back. Anyways its not a big deal, you can always buy usb adapter with as many ports as you want for a cheap price.

#15 ·
- Eclipse Blue paint.
- Puddle lamps.
- Folding mirrors.
- Gas door on the driver's side YAY!!! Finally!!! (Nearly every car I've owned in the USA is on the passenger side. Dumb IMO).
- Rims.
- Audio quality.
- Backup camera.
- Automatic parking brake.

DISLIKES:
- Flimsy, black cloth cargo privacy cover. Can't put anything on top of it.
- Having to switch back & forth between digital speedometer & drive mode is inconvenient. I like to toggle between Sport & Normal often. Need that extra "oomph" to change lanes, etc sometimes, then want to go back to something a little closer to ECO (Normal).
- Would like to be able to unlock ALL doors from touching the driver-side handle, or driver-side rear-passenger handle, rather then having to use the keyfob, front-passenger door, or button on driver door interior.
- Lack of Android Auto.
- Lack of Sirius XM.
- Lack of Video playback option on screen via USB, or other method.
- Many controls on touchscreen locked out when moving (A gripe I have with every car. Some of us can multitask better then others & hate being limited because of them.)
- Ugly white roofs on some.
- 12v outlet in center console, instead of up front like normal.
- Lack of a sun/moon roof.
- Have yet to find a way to easily lift the back seat bench. My seat cover is just tucked in right now ugh...
- Lines in backup camera don't bend to show trajectory.
- Cup holders on front doors are too small to fit anything really other then a normal sized bottle of water.

#18 ·
US Version anyway.

Lack of Android Auto - pretty meh console
OEM Weather mats, especially the front ones, aren't flush fit since they're rounded at the edges, and things get trapped there. Thought the whole point of buying OEM is perfect fit.

Echoing the point about not having a screen dedicated to speedometer.

#20 ·
Weathertech have it and I might eventually get it - I just can't quite believe OEM isn't flush. I wanted the whole car to be same (the OEM all have CHR on it and it looks good with that logo uniformly all around the car)

#22 ·
Well my sore point is that if I opted for the premium that I pay for the stupid OEM, it should be better fitting than a 3rd party. I mean, for crying out loud, they made the car....

P.s. love that fuelly thing you have, I'm going to transfer my spreadsheet over

#32 ·
Phasing them out.. Maybe, but high end radio manufactures are still making top of the line radios with cd/dvd included (just a little more expensive than the non drive counterpart). I myself still own plenty of audio cd's but have also converted them to FLAC and added them to my server. I am looking into maybe getting the new Kenwood DDX9905S and only cause if the HD 720p Screen. But if I didn't want an HD screen and NO CD/DVD you can also go with Kenwood DMX905S save some bucks still get "Wifi Android Auto" plus most new radios also play the "FLAC" audio format.

#41 ·
OMG!
I just loaded up a thumb drive with a bunch of old "Greatest Hit" CD's. I made a trip yesterday and was frustrated as **** by the stereo.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE you can't scan through the albums while going over 5 MPH. So that means I have to pull off the side of the interstate every time I want to switch albums.
How f'ing stupid Toyota.
OK, someone out there needs to figure out how to defeat the "vehicle in motion" signal for this thing.

(I'm off my soapbox now!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.