Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Slight rpm hang on decel

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jadehawk 
#1 ·
So when slowing down to a stop only on the brake at between 40kmph to 20 kmph the idle raises to 1100 , it doesnt drop until im stopped. Its odd , the rpm should just continue to drop to idle not raise. anyone else have similar situation.??

#4 · (Edited)
Tested this on my way to work, and my car does the same. I accelerated to 40 MPH and let go of the gas pedal, I can see the car "slowly" decelerate and once it hits 20 MPH a slight bump to 1100-1200 rpm can be seen which to me makes sense once the transmission downshifts to the lowest gear.

I tried accelerating again to 40 MPH and switching the car to neutral, once I hit 20 MPH i didn't see no rpm bump.

I find it in this car that deceleration is much more slower (smoother) than any other "automatic transmission" car I have driven. and I think is due to the CVT transmission. Which attributes to this cars smooth feel while driving. you should not feel the gear changes as you accelerate..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.