Top Gear Likes Pure Gas Version More - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Top Gear Likes Pure Gas Version More

Top Gear test drove the non-hybrid C-HR and they like it better as the hybrid version's CVT gearbox was "droney" and the "the hybrid drivetrain saps all the fun out of driving it."

Toyota C-HR review: we drive the non-hybrid version | Top Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:09 AM

This stood out to me as I'm big on my aesthetics. I can only imagine how toned down the C-HR would look without the extra fancy bits on the outside.

Quote:
But a word of warning: the C-HR is quite spec-dependent. Our test car didn’t look like the one in these photos, with its twinkly LED headlights and 18-inch alloys. It arrived with plainer 17s, and no LEDs or contrast roof. With a car as, erm, ‘bold’ as the C-HR, you really need those little flourishes for the full effect.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:31 AM

But the LED headlights and unique alloys completes the package... Not sure if Toyota dropped the ball in that regard as they're forcing you to go up in trim for the C-HR look. May end up driving potential buyers away or making people wait until the prices go down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM

Without the headlights, 18" alloys, and the black roof, the C-HR doesn't look like anything that special. It's almost a necessity to have those options if you want the full effect of what the C-HR should look like. Pretty disappointing that it isn't standard and I'm sure those are pricier options even if someone wanted a base model and to add those things later on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 03:33 PM

I disagree. I much prefer mine without the black roof and I prefer the multi spoke alloys too. It's the whole reason I went for the excel and not the Dynamic.
I also prefer the seats in the excel. Everyone has different preferences and I know a lot of people have gone for the icon and the excel.

The LED lights are the one thing I think should be on all models no matter what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page