Pictures of modded C-HR's - Page 3 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 03:25 PM
SiR

I was looking at the Wald kit over the weekend. Its crazy how few mods can make the CH-R look a bit on the exotic end

WretchedMouse likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 AM

Would never slam a crossover by this much, but I do like the custom paint and body work. This one is from Kuhl Racing and its utilizing an Air Force suspension. Really nice twin exit exhaust coming out the center of the diffuser, which I bet sounds great considering the size of the pipes.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:12 PM

I live in San Diego and not too far from the Mexican border. I reached out to Toyota of Tijuana since the Mexican C-HRs are the Eurospec models meaning they have the JDM bumper needed to do the conversion to add any of the aftermarket body kits. I just want to make sure if it's even possible to import the bumper over the border without breaking the bank since this is possibly the cheapest alternative IMO rather than ordering it through a shop and from Japan. Fingers crossed!
WretchedMouse likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
I live in San Diego and not too far from the Mexican border. I reached out to Toyota of Tijuana since the Mexican C-HRs are the Eurospec models meaning they have the JDM bumper needed to do the conversion to add any of the aftermarket body kits. I just want to make sure if it's even possible to import the bumper over the border without breaking the bank since this is possibly the cheapest alternative IMO rather than ordering it through a shop and from Japan. Fingers crossed!
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedMouse View Post
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan.
They wanted my VIN# for pricing. I told them it's a USDM model and wanted to know if it's safe and possible to get the bumper and other parts to do the conversion. It took them 3 days to answer my initial e-mail. It seems they don't know how to approach this and make it possible. I'm going to assume that this option is a dead end.

Last edited by miyoshi82; 02-23-2019 at 11:19 PM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 08:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
Quote:
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/ToyotaCHRforum/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]
They wanted my VIN# for pricing. I told them it's a USDM model and wanted to know if it's safe
and possible to get the bumper and other parts to do the conversion. It took them 3 days to answer my initial e-mail. It seems they don't know how to approach this and make it possible. I'm going to assume that this option is a dead end. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/ToyotaCHRforum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]

I wouldn't say it is a dead end. I just gave them the year and model and told them this is the us version. They told me no guarantee it would.fit but everything fits perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the vin number so everything is essentially the same sep for the bumper due to the reinforcement bar on the us version being bigger for a bigger bumper is needed.

It is an expensive conversation but well worth it if that is the look you are going for.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:02 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is a dead end. I just gave them the year and model and told them this is the us version. They told me no guarantee it would.fit but everything fits perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the vin number so everything is essentially the same sep for the bumper due to the reinforcement bar on the us version being bigger for a bigger bumper is needed.

It is an expensive conversation but well worth it if that is the look you are going for.

I think the issue could be customs since it's coming from Mexico.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:43 AM

Just wanted to revive this discussion as there are so many options out there. This one is my favorite and completely opposite to the JDM.

I would love to see this come to life....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ada087c6442f59be19aae81b3e6fa8c.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5490   Click image for larger version

Name:	0856ec56155671.59a321cfb4092.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	5492   Click image for larger version

Name:	d6625d56155671.59a34e6120312.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	5494  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 11:09 AM

I wouldn't mind mine looking like this. Black top with Silver? Looks pretty badass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page