Pictures of modded C-HR's - Page 3 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 03:25 PM
SiR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 551
I was looking at the Wald kit over the weekend. Its crazy how few mods can make the CH-R look a bit on the exotic end


WretchedMouse likes this.
SiR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Would never slam a crossover by this much, but I do like the custom paint and body work. This one is from Kuhl Racing and its utilizing an Air Force suspension. Really nice twin exit exhaust coming out the center of the diffuser, which I bet sounds great considering the size of the pipes.
Toyotaterry is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:12 PM
Member
 
miyoshi82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 95
I live in San Diego and not too far from the Mexican border. I reached out to Toyota of Tijuana since the Mexican C-HRs are the Eurospec models meaning they have the JDM bumper needed to do the conversion to add any of the aftermarket body kits. I just want to make sure if it's even possible to import the bumper over the border without breaking the bank since this is possibly the cheapest alternative IMO rather than ordering it through a shop and from Japan. Fingers crossed!
WretchedMouse likes this.
miyoshi82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 AM
Junior Member
 
WretchedMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
I live in San Diego and not too far from the Mexican border. I reached out to Toyota of Tijuana since the Mexican C-HRs are the Eurospec models meaning they have the JDM bumper needed to do the conversion to add any of the aftermarket body kits. I just want to make sure if it's even possible to import the bumper over the border without breaking the bank since this is possibly the cheapest alternative IMO rather than ordering it through a shop and from Japan. Fingers crossed!
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan.
WretchedMouse is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Member
 
miyoshi82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedMouse View Post
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan.
They wanted my VIN# for pricing. I told them it's a USDM model and wanted to know if it's safe and possible to get the bumper and other parts to do the conversion. It took them 3 days to answer my initial e-mail. It seems they don't know how to approach this and make it possible. I'm going to assume that this option is a dead end.

Last edited by miyoshi82; 02-23-2019 at 11:19 PM.
miyoshi82 is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Junior Member
 
WretchedMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedMouse View Post
Oh yeah that would be a good idea. Hopefully you are able to do that cost me 1000 bucks to ship my bumper from Japan. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/ToyotaCHRforum/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]
They wanted my VIN# for pricing. I told them it's a USDM model and wanted to know if it's safe
and possible to get the bumper and other parts to do the conversion. It took them 3 days to answer my initial e-mail. It seems they don't know how to approach this and make it possible. I'm going to assume that this option is a dead end. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/ToyotaCHRforum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]

I wouldn't say it is a dead end. I just gave them the year and model and told them this is the us version. They told me no guarantee it would.fit but everything fits perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the vin number so everything is essentially the same sep for the bumper due to the reinforcement bar on the us version being bigger for a bigger bumper is needed.

It is an expensive conversation but well worth it if that is the look you are going for.
WretchedMouse is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:02 AM
Member
 
miyoshi82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedMouse View Post
I wouldn't say it is a dead end. I just gave them the year and model and told them this is the us version. They told me no guarantee it would.fit but everything fits perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the vin number so everything is essentially the same sep for the bumper due to the reinforcement bar on the us version being bigger for a bigger bumper is needed.

It is an expensive conversation but well worth it if that is the look you are going for.

I think the issue could be customs since it's coming from Mexico.
miyoshi82 is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Magneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Just wanted to revive this discussion as there are so many options out there. This one is my favorite and completely opposite to the JDM.

I would love to see this come to life....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ada087c6442f59be19aae81b3e6fa8c.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5490   Click image for larger version

Name:	0856ec56155671.59a321cfb4092.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	5492   Click image for larger version

Name:	d6625d56155671.59a34e6120312.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	5494  
Magneto is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: US-East Coast
Posts: 58


I wouldn't mind mine looking like this. Black top with Silver? Looks pretty badass.
Striker is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Share Pictures Of Your Toyota C-HR ToyotaCHRAdmin 2017+ Toyota C-HR Photos And Videos 36 02-04-2019 02:20 PM
pictures of my car fullcharge 2017+ Toyota C-HR Photos And Videos 10 06-26-2018 03:21 PM
Any ever change their stereo receiver? Thatguyjim84 Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 20 04-17-2018 08:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome