Toyota C-HR Forum banner

2020 C-HR is now up on Toyota's website.

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  zx10guy 
#1 ·
Reactions: KNIGHT RIDER
#3 ·
Yes. I've been saying the same thing since January. I really don't understand the decision making at Toyota. I recently had a chat with one of the salesmen at my Toyota dealer. I mentioned the engine issue. He said Toyota doesn't want to create competition within its model lines. I said what competition? The C-HR doesn't compete with the Corolla Hatch. Even if it remotely did, the C-HR is so much heavier and bigger than the Corolla Hatch where they won't be performing the same with the same engine. I also let him know that the C-HR is the slowest car in its segment. I said the HR-V will do 0 to 60 in 8.6 seconds. The C-HR can only manage 10.5 seconds. That's a huge gap. I mentioned with traffic as messed up as it is here where I live, I have to pre-plan many passes on the road to make sure I can execute it without getting into a wreck.

In short, the way I've been telling people who ask about my C-HR, it's a half done car.

Some of the things of note that I picked up on looking through the options and pictures. It's confirmed. The interior rear view mirror does not have auto dimming anymore. Automatic Highbeams are gone from both the LE and XLE and only available with the Limited with the upgraded adaptive LED headlights. The LE now gets the option of a 17" alloy wheel for an additional $430. In the accessories section, you can now specify the LED foglights to be installed before taking delivery for $259 which isn't bad.

And the big thorn in my side and many others, Android Auto is officially here. Looking at the pictures, the 2020 head unit is physically from the outside the exact same thing as the 2019. Toyota is going to piss off a ton of their customers if they don't do the right thing and provide a firmware upgrade to bring Android Auto to the 2019 owners. The way they have been handling the Android Auto roll out has been atrocious.

#4 ·
Wow, with all the info you listed one would think Toyota deliberately wants this car to fail in NA

It's a shame really, a very good looking car getting this sort of a treatment. With new juke and an electric nissan coming in 2020/21, C-hr will really need to compete hard or it will be doomed just like the Venza did

#5 ·
You have to wonder. And I just saw news of another compact CUV Toyota is launching overseas which is supposed to slot under the C-HR. I don't understand why there needs to be yet another CUV model.

At least with the 4 banger we have in our C-HRs, it's more simpler than the newer engines. No GDI. No complexity of dual fuel systems Port Injection and GDI. And a good old timing chain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.