2018 Toyota C-HR )Formerly the Scion iR) Will Arrive in US Next Spring - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Guy

2018 Toyota C-HR )Formerly the Scion iR) Will Arrive in US Next Spring

In the spring of 2017 US customers will be able to purchase the Prius-based Toyota C-HR. The model briefly made an appearance as the Scion iR, but will only be available for purchase as a Toyota.

Rumor is that the all-wheel-drive Prius will not be coming to the US as it has not been tested in cold conditions, and that would leave the door open for the Toyota C-HR to fill that void.

here is Toyota's description of the C-HR:

Quote:
The perfect vehicle for yuccies, the young urban creatives who inspired the design.
The thing about the "yuccies" term, is that no one would label themselves as such, and I think that makes it an unwise strategy in terms of marketing to talk about yuccies in the promotion of the vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Guy

Anyone here think that they fit into the "yuccie" category?

post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 02:12 PM
SiR

Apparently Hipster is dead and Yuccie is the new thing, could just be Toyota trying to ride the wave of this new label since i'm sure you'll see it mentioned and thrown around as much as hipster was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 11:56 AM

Don;t really care if the Prius AWd has been winter tested or not since it's a fugly car but lets hope Toyota tests the C-HR AWD thoroughly in cold temperatures because it snows where I live and I need AWD.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
Apparently Hipster is dead and Yuccie is the new thing, could just be Toyota trying to ride the wave of this new label since i'm sure you'll see it mentioned and thrown around as much as hipster was.
The funny thing is, basically no one describes themselves as a hipster. So to market to a hipster (or a yuccie) using that term is probably not an effective strategy.

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM
SiR

That might be true but for some reason they see it as ideal. It might even be the case that people who fit the definition of hipster might not openly say they are but still look at articles, content, etc that talk about what factors into the lifestyle as someone defined as that, a hipster.

But Toyota has done well with marketing in the past and going forward I can only imagine that continuing to be the case although of course not every marketing effort will be a winner.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Guy

It's less about the target, I think that Toyota has that down. I am just saying that calling these people "yuccies," which is a stupid term, and literally sounds like "yucky," isn't smart because they do not identify with the term. It feels artificial.

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:42 AM

Looking forward for the 2018 Toyota C-HR!

YEah the term yuccie is weird. I honestly thought it was "yucky" as i couldn't figure out what it was lol

Hopefully they will test the cHR in the winter conditions!

Canada has the craziest weather! One day 18 degrees the next day is a snow storm lol

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Guy

Don't they test all cars in winter conditions?

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:49 PM
SiR

No reason not to test cars in winter conditions, even cars people think shouldn't get driven in winter like hypercars and megacars get tested in winter. With a commuter car like this is more important than ever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page