C-HR Crossover To Race In Nürburgring 24 Hours - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2016, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

C-HR Crossover To Race In Nürburgring 24 Hours

That's right everyone, Toyota plans to enter a modified version of the C-HR Crossover concept car in the Nürburgring 24 Hours. It's part of their strategy to develop cars under intense racing conditions and what better race than the demanding Nürburgring 24 Hours where vehicles are put through their paces in a 26km (give or take) endurance test.

The Toyota C-HR will be the first crossover to enter the event. What I'm hoping to see a vehicle that's close it's production model and maybe even leak out a bit of the specs. We'll know in May when the event takes place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 12:07 AM
SiR

Didn't see this coming at all. Would be cool if they can do something on a production level that refers back to this.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Toyota says it's going to be similar to the concept model. I'm just hoping they'll put the production model's engine under the hood. I'm sure it'll instill a lot of confidence in buyers if it can last the Nürburgring 24 Hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 10:51 AM

I feel like the only thing tying the 24-hour model and the concept is going to be the shell. The C-HR is supposed to be a budget car and I highly doubt whatever is underneath the hood is enough to last this endurance test.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:56 PM
SiR

It can even be something as simple as styling, carrying over some color scheme, including sportier wheels that hint at motorsports, and the like.

Basically along the lines of a TRD package.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

would be cool if the hood vents made its way onto the production model.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:47 PM
SiR

I rather not see it come to market as a purely cosmetic feature but what will be functional.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:41 AM

I'm sure the vents are a functional feature on the 24 hour C-HR but that's assuming Scion changed things under the hood to optimize the vent's airflow and how the air travels.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
I'm sure the vents are a functional feature on the 24 hour C-HR but that's assuming Scion changed things under the hood to optimize the vent's airflow and how the air travels.
Well being a 24 hour race, don't you think they need that cooling, it should be obvious. On street applications it not even close to being required especially when power output isn't much at all incomparison to road vehicles that require it.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Among 158 cars in the race, the Toyota C-HR race car was in 84th place in the overall standings. That's not bad and it finished third in the SP2T class, which is for turbocharged cars that can have a displacement up to 1,620cc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in