Scion iR Single Trim - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Scion iR Single Trim

Think Scion will make the iR a single trim vehicle like the iA and iM in order to keep costs down?
I think it would be a great idea as the single trim included a lot of perks that other automotive companies charge people for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:15 AM

Most likely. Scion seems to be the testing company for Toyota when it comes to the single trim and the Scion iM's popularity is testament to how effective that was.
And I'm hoping to get all of those options for a lower price.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 02:09 PM
SiR

That is Scion's business model, monospec trims. And so far it seems to be a winning strategy, had a look at what first iA owners had to report back and it's been nothing but positive feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

I just hope they include heated front seats. Don't mind paying a bit more for that but it's not included in the Scion iM. Is it in the iA?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Nope. Both the iA and the iM does not come with heated seats and it's not listed as an option either. Hopefully they'll be watching forums like these and take our feedback for future model improvements. Granted Scion will want to be affordable but it'll still have to compete with other vehicles that has a few more options available.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Just took a look at the non single trim models Scion has and the extra heated seats are around 2k. If they actually build it into the iR single trim we could see a minimal price increase for a great perk.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:05 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
Just took a look at the non single trim models Scion has and the extra heated seats are around 2k. If they actually build it into the iR single trim we could see a minimal price increase for a great perk.
That and it should still be geared towards keeping them competitive in the market, and due to the desperation to get Scion off the ground, it will make them a bit more competitive.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

At least make it the Standard in Canada if nothing else. It gets cold up here and I'm sure it'll be very popular if included in the single trim. Right now Scion isn't too popular here so if they want to be competitive they need to adjust to our market and what we need.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:17 AM

I think Scion's i line is all going to be single trim at this point until i'm proven wrong.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 05:34 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
I think Scion's i line is all going to be single trim at this point until i'm proven wrong.
It seems to be a strategy that works for them, don't think that's something they need to change, instead they could probably make those single trims more attractive when timing is right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page