2020 Overseas spec C-HR 2.0L Hybrid Review - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

2020 Overseas spec C-HR 2.0L Hybrid Review

I don't know about anyone else. But I as a North American consumer feel really cheated now with this 2020 update. The Euro market gets a brand new 2.0L hybrid engine producing 180HP. What do we get? Minor accessory and cosmetic changes. The Euro market also gets updated suspension and steering feel changes. Remains to be seen if the North American spec cars will see any of these updates.

The reviewer said Toyota spent 50 million Euros in producing the 2020 Euro/overseas spec updated C-HR. I don't think Toyota spent even a tenth of that amount of money developing the 2020 North American spec version. This is just sad. And adds further insult to injury on how the overseas market C-HRs have so many more options than the North American spec from engine/drivetrain options to other options such as park distance sensors. Yes, the overseas markets have had park distance sensors which we in North America can't even option in to our cars. And while the Infotainment system sucks world wide. At least for the overseas market head units, you could do a Mirrorlink connection to the head unit directly mirroring your smart phone's screen display effectively negating the full need to have Carplay or Android Auto. I added Mirrorlink to my BMW and by doing this negated any desire/need to have Carplay or Android Auto for that car.

If anyone at Toyota USA/Canada even cares enough to see this thread, I hope you understand the lower sales numbers in the North America compared to the overseas markets is due to how badly you've neutered this car for the North American market.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black

Last edited by zx10guy; 11-24-2019 at 12:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 12:15 AM

Wow..I am officially done with Toyota. This is such a rip off. We are paying same amount of money for these cars in NA with the features that are not even closed to being offered to overseas market. I sincerely hope C-HR fails badly so Toyota can start treating North Americans fairly. This is just sad
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer0543 View Post
Wow..I am officially done with Toyota. This is such a rip off. We are paying same amount of money for these cars in NA with the features that are not even closed to being offered to overseas market. I sincerely hope C-HR fails badly so Toyota can start treating North Americans fairly. This is just sad
Sorry about my myopic view with my US centric rant. I forgot the Canadians get the same version as we do in the US. I'll update my post to reflect this.

And yes, it's just pitiful how badly we North American consumers are being treated by Toyota. The only thing we got first was Carplay for 2019 which the Overseas market did not get until 2020 which now includes Android Auto. But as I said, their head units had Mirrorlink capability. They also have a choice of two different power plants, park distance sensors, option to have spare tire or no spare tire, JBL sound system, AWD, and who knows what else.

ETA: Here's the other sad part about how we're all getting collectively screwed. Toyota didn't even have to develop a new engine for the North American market. They already had one which is the engine from the current gen Corolla hatchback. That engine could have easily been dropped into the C-HR for 2020 with no additional development effort. How do I know this? The Lexus UX250 is the exact same chassis as the C-HR yet they're using the same power plant from the Corolla hatchback. Had the numbnuts at Toyota gotten their collective heads out of their gluteus maximus, much of the criticism of the North American C-HR would have been alleviated.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black

Last edited by zx10guy; 11-24-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page