Toyota Remote Connect? - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharon Haynes Whitaker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Toyota Remote Connect?

Has anyone had any luck connecting their VIN to their toyota remote connect app? I was told at the dealership you would need to do this to set up remote start from the app but it does not recognize my VIN, just tells me to try again later. Tried it on my galaxy s10+ and on my iPhone xs max.

I have a 2019 XLE with entune 3.0, not sure what I need to do to be able to remote start my car :/

If this is the wrong section for this question I apologize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:42 PM

Have you tried this?
What are the instructions to set up Remote Connect?
To enable Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, you must authenticate and initialize your services via the multimedia system.* There is a 6-month complimentary trial.

* If you opted in for Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, you should have received an email with a 6-digit authorization code. If you have not received your authorization code via email, please call 1-800-331-4331 for assistance.

Good Luck!

Striker
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Have you tried this?
What are the instructions to set up Remote Connect?
To enable Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, you must authenticate and initialize your services via the multimedia system.* There is a 6-month complimentary trial.

* If you opted in for Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, you should have received an email with a 6-digit authorization code. If you have not received your authorization code via email, please call 1-800-331-4331 for assistance.

Good Luck!

Striker
Ahh, I guess it isn't available in the 2019 C-HR that's lame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:00 PM

Wow, sorry to hear it Pinajake. I guess you could install a Third party remote start. *Shrug*

Striker
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:08 PM

I was told by my dealer that Toyota remote isn't available on the 2019 CHR. My dealer called in an outside vendor to install remote start on my car in the dealers garage and it cost me $450. I had to have it. There is no way to lock the car with it running to warm it up in the winter. Then I found the range is only as good as the remote range which is not very good on the chr. I have finally managed to start my car by remote from my front porch if I hold it under my chin. Lol. A hack I found on YouTube. I live in a condo and there is no way I can leave my car running without it being locked. Seems Toyota left off a lot of goodies that is offered on thier other car. If I didn't love the body style on my little CHR I would have chosen the RAV4 with a lottery better features. . I fell in love with my chr as soon as I spotted it on the lot.
Striker likes this.

SHARONWHIT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page