Installing European/Japanese version Tail light set - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Question Installing European/Japanese version Tail light set

Hi all,

I have a North American version C-HR, and I ordered a pair of European/Japanese version Tail light with the beautiful LED strips from Croooober. Has anyone installed it too and know if I need any extra wiring kits for it to function?

Thank you!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:15 AM

LED Upgrade

Yes, I bought the harness from GO Garage Malaysia.
You can upgrade to LED headlights as well.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:52 PM

From what I've read, it's not a direct plug n play and you'll need a wiring harness to make it work.

Can you provide us with more information on where you bought the lights from? I'm also interested in this GO Garage Malaysia harness too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw.r View Post
From what I've read, it's not a direct plug n play and you'll need a wiring harness to make it work.

Can you provide us with more information on where you bought the lights from? I'm also interested in this GO Garage Malaysia harness too.
Hi, I bought the lights from Croooober. https://www.croooober.com/en/item/9499465
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
That's based in Malaysia right? Any US supplier yet? I'd be totally down for an LED upgrade for the headlight.
I'm not sure where they're based out of, but they're definitely overseas. I did run across this taillight from AliExpress. I contacted the seller and he said they would fit a US model C-HR.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. I’m trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldn’t take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lampsInstalling European/Japanese version Tail light set-67e84ade-135a-45f9-8c8e-4618e44ff327_1547155736298.jpg
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cheung View Post
Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. Iím trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldnít take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lampsAttachment 5168
What harness are you using and where can we find one? It might be flashing until you can get the inner taillights installed.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

I bought it from a guy who seems to have an online store in China, he also has a colleague in LA. He sent the harness (well, just a bunch of wires with adapters actually) to me while I was in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if he can send directly to the US (potential customs problem with auto parts). I was trying to send you a PM and include his contact but seems that the forum doesn't allow me to do it as I'm new to the forum. He sold to me for around $70 with shipping to Hong Kong. I then brought it back to New York. If you need help, I can help you get it from them and also a pair of JDM tail lights from my guy in Japan if you want. I'm based in New York state if you need help on installation and live fairly close.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 05:13 AM

I would be down for this conversion but I would also like to do a fog light conversion to JDM to fit any future kits with LED strips (TRD, Modellista, etc.) and they are suppose to connect to the fog lights or something.

Also, Crooober is legit. I had a friend bought a set of wheels off them and I'm considering doing the same.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cheung View Post
Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. I’m trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldn’t take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lampsAttachment 5168
did you figure out your hyper flash and if so how

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page