The Prius is getting AWD. When will the C-HR? - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The Prius is getting AWD. When will the C-HR?

The Prius is getting all-wheel drive. Yes, the Prius. In a Toyota USA thread on Facebook discussing this, someone asked if the C-HR was ever going to get AWD. Someone else answered simply "already planned" with no additional details. Now, I've scoured the web looking for anything official that says the C-HR (USA version) is going to get AWD anytime soon and all I find is what I consider "bogus sites" (aka "fake news" ). You know the ones. They have tons of grammatical errors and misspellings.

I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse. I'm fairly new to the party here and really want to buy a C-HR, but my commute to work is just over an hour long and is comprised mostly of very hilly, single-lane, rural roads that historically are low priority for the snowplows when my area gets hit by winter storms. My present car is front-wheel drive. I've put a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on it in years past and it has done just "OK". Now, I'm head-over-heals in love with the C-HR, but I'd really prefer my next car to be AWD. With a set of Blizzaks, I think that would be unstoppable in the white stuff.

I've been told to also consider the other options out there - Crosstrek, HRV, and Juke/Kicks. While I think the HRV is very nice, it's just a little too plain vanilla for me. Likewise, I just can't get into the Nissans' funkiness. I do like Crosstreks with just a little more flavor than the HRV. But frankly, I've had a few Toyotas over the years and they have always treated us very well and they've been my more favorite vehicles we have owned. I'd really like to get back into the Toyota family.

Has anyone heard, read, or found anything from a reliable/official source about an AWD C-HR coming to the states? My present car has a ton of miles and little things have been going wrong with it. My new car itch is getting really strong. I'll gladly suck it up for a for a little longer if I knew they were coming. But, if it's not going to happen, I see no reason to wait any longer.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 AM

Garage
What i've heard here over in The Netherlands is that the C-HR Hybrid will get the 2.0 DI-engine halfway next year, but no AWD. Therefore i will get the RAV4 (version 5) next year... Toyota policy; no AWD in the cross-over. That is what the dealer told me...

C-HR Hybrid Bi-Tone Hydro Blue / Night Sky Black Premium, full ventilated Nappa leather Exclusive design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, I found my answer in another thread about all the TRD versions. Toyota, you're killing me!! I'm so bummed. I was really hoping and praying to see AWD in the 2020 C-HR. Oh well. Maybe I'll just buy some beater Tacoma to get me through a few years on the off chance that we'll see an AWD TRD C-HR by 2024 or so.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-want...-trd-treatment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightRN View Post
Well, I found my answer in another thread about all the TRD versions. Toyota, you're killing me!! I'm so bummed. I was really hoping and praying to see AWD in the 2020 C-HR. Oh well. Maybe I'll just buy some beater Tacoma to get me through a few years on the off chance that we'll see an AWD TRD C-HR by 2024 or so.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-want...-trd-treatment
Even more of a reason for a subscription program because it would lead to more interesting models for enthusiasts like us as the seasons change.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page