Whistling noise from driver side window - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Whistling noise from driver side window

Hey guys,

Yesterday I noticed that after 100kmph my driver side window/door makes a whistling noise. I thought that I didn't fully close the window, but it was all the way up. I didn't find a gap or feel any air. Does anyone have the same issue? I'm wondering what this may be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 PM

Garage
I think its the side mirror as the wind flows past it. I tend to here wind noise over all from that area, but not whistling.

PDR
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrumans View Post
I think its the side mirror as the wind flows past it. I tend to here wind noise over all from that area, but not whistling.
Hear, not Here sorry I saw too late to edit it after the fact

PDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 05:27 PM

The CHR is noisy period!!!!! Purchased ours a month ago and have had nothing but problems with it. Never had such "Buyers Regret" in my life and I have owned about 20 vehicles in my lifetime, most of which were new purchases. This is second Toyota. Purchased a new RAV 4 Sport back in 2006 that we kept for 6 years before getting rid of it. It too was a piece of crap, but not nearly as bad as this CHR.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE IN CANADA UNTIL TOYOTA GETS THEIR CRAP TOGETHER WITH IT!!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Hi there, I recently traded in my Rav4 for the 2018 C-HR and it has totally ruined my toyota experience due to that ridiculous noise in the driver window/door. Iíve taken the car back to the dealer for ďrepairĒ twice already and they have not been able to fix it nor figure out the cause. It is absolutely unbearable! Plus having to go back to the dealer basically every week- Iíve had the car for less than a month and I canít stand it. I have videos of the noise. Ironically, the loaner the dealer gave me while they repaired my vehicle, another C-HR, has the SAME defect but on the copilot window/door! Did you resolve your noise issue? Iím still dealing with it, going crazy over here...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:28 AM

I mean whistling from the window should just be as simple as replacing the weather stripping or adjusting the door/window positioning. I'm sorry to hear that you guys have been so dissatisfied with the CH-R as a result, and I can't believe how difficult it is for Toyota to find a solution. Please let us know if a remedy is found.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 12:04 PM

I just came back from the dealer, they gave me another rental, same issue on this CHR rental, noise coming from the driver window while driving. Technitian is not sure what needs to be done, we test drove the vehicle again, for the 4th time and he thinks the back window is also making noise and not the driver window at this point. Theyíve taken the car in again for repair, theyíve replaced 2 pieces already and the problem persists... this would be the 3rd repair in less than a month. Iím in Florida, and you guys?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Garage
I have regular wind noise, but never whistling. What about areas around the door, like the mirror and its trim? Could the whistling be coming from somewhere around there? is are seeping in through the door/fender gap area and coming up through the door somehow? Does it immediately stop by cracking the window? Just trying to spitball on places it could be coming from.

PDR
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 PM

Same issue here in EU. For early models there seems to be a TSB with upgraded part about it.
See this topic on UK forum : https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=287

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 09:34 AM

Seems like replacing the weatherstrip didn't really work when it comes to the whistling. At least that's what those other owners are saying. so it's back to the drawing board for Toyota.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page