CH-R needs - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

CH-R needs

I saw the CH-R in person yesterday at a car show. I love the lines and the size seems perfect for my needs. This vehicle is in desperate need of a turbo engine for improved fuel economy and performance. It needs a sunroof preferably a panoramic one to improve the lighting in the rear seat area. It needs a few toys like NAV and a quality sound system. For my needs I would like heated leather seating and most of all all-wheel drive. With these appointments I would buy this vehicle immediately. Are you listening Toyota?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 PM

Very interesting. Were you able to get inside of it and sit down at all. Whats the comfort like?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Nope. It was roped off. They said as it wasn't released to dealers it wasn't for public viewing. I suspect the vehicle I saw was for shows only and not complete inside.

I really like the look of this vehicle. Very athletic and a nice ride height. It is a rebadged Scion (entry level). It needs some Toyota refinement for adult use. I'm surprised they didn't release a sport or a touring model with more performance with bells and whistles.

I may just lease one hoping refinements are coming.

Another point to add. I wish NA would give us warrantee towing ratings as they do in Europe on these cars. In Australia it is rated to tow 1300kg braked. To me that says the brakes on the CH-R are just adequate. Perhaps this needs to be addressed as well.

The vehicle is a good start. Get on with it Toyota!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:52 AM

Very nice break down of what you've seen and come to so far. Appreciate it tons. Brakes are going to be on my off-list for now until it's close to the time to replace the pads. At that point I'll just end up going stoptech pads and oem rotors. It's just my go-to thing.

Someone said that there's a tuning box in the UK to bring it up to 145hp in the 1.2 I think?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:23 PM

The XLE Premium trim comes with heated power leather seats, so that's one item on your wish list but there is no sunroof, probably to keep production costs down.

I think they leave out tow ratings for certain countries and state that it's not suggested in the manuals. Most likely due to some legal laws? I've seen this in other models but have no idea why that is.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I missed the heated seats. Thanks for the clarification. But there is no indication that the seat surfaces are leather on the Toyota website. Agreed, it is all about keeping costs down. I've read that they want to sell gobs of them before refining the model. Unbalanced approach I think. Others looking for the refinements will simply buy something else. Dare I say Honda HRV EX-L Navi. It is also AWD but as with this ride it lacks turbo power....for now.....but **** this Toyota is nice looking.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:27 AM

They aren't leather. They're a "sport fabric front bucket seats" apparently. The XLE has the same material and sport seat without the 8-way adjustable drivers seat and without heat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page