Gazoo Racing C-HR - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Gazoo Racing C-HR

This is pretty cool. Gazoo Racing C-HR. Here's an interview that answers quite a few questions and what not. Check it out. I just really like the pictures. Really not a lot of changes, and I don't think there's anything power wise other than a displacement increase from 1.2 to 1.4 easily attained from just boring it out. Or a mild stroker kit come to think of it.

• lowered and stiffened suspension with adjustable shock absorbers
  • upgraded brake calipers and rotors to ensure endurance performance
  • improved aerodynamics to increase front and rear downforce
  • upgraded engine power and torque by increasing engine capacity from 1.2 litres to almost 1.4 litres
  • limited slip differential installed
  • equipment to meet safety regulations: race fuel tank, circuit breaker, fire extinguisher system, roll cage, bucket seats, five-point seat belts, etc.
Exclusive interview with Toyota C-HR racing team

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 06:05 PM

Now this... this is what should be sold ! I would definitely want that engine, LSD, and front lip.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:43 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRRegular View Post
Now this... this is what should be sold ! I would definitely want that engine, LSD, and front lip.
If they really decide to go the route of offering sportier models the maybe we see something that rivals the NISMO Juke. Depending on how sales go and how much Toyota wants to risk we might see it happen - I just won't expect it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

A risk is what it will be for sure. People in this segment aren't looking to make it a power house. Well, majority of people at least. I'm unsure if you can actually buy Gazoo Racing products anyhow so that may put a damper on things. I'm sure if it's race inspired, they may not be deemed street legal, the engine perhaps may not meet emission standards for example. The body panels and what not I can see being manufactured by the aftermarket, but I don't see us being able to get something like a splitter with stabilizer rods from Toyota.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:44 AM

Yea, Gazoo Racing is just there for tuning racing vehicles and not selling. I think it's a separate entity within the Toyota so their tech and tunes can be used in Toyota products. It's up to Toyota to implement them for mass production.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page