US Model C-HR Only Gets One Engine - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

US Model C-HR Only Gets One Engine

Well, if this isn't a bummer I don't know what is. The 2018 Toyota C-HR that will be heading to the US will only come with one engine size. That engine, unfortunately, will be a 2.0L four-banger that produces 144hp and 140 lb-ft of torque. FWD and transmitted through a CVT.

There's going to be two trim levels, XLE and XLE Premium which I think was mentioned in another thread.

Short recap - Standard features include 18" wheels, dual climate control, bucket seats, 7" display and Toyota Safety Sense P.

Bah Humbug.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016, 10:43 AM

and there's not AWD option either, so it's only front wheel drive for now. That's something I'll have to take into consideration as the winters are brutal. Any extra grip is needed.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:37 PM
SiR

This might be the case because they plan on making a hybrid version available for all we know. Then there was talk about Toyota wanting to ramp up "green car" efforts, so maybe we'll see more than one "green" powertrain setup. I say that because the CHR has whats needed to be part of that mold of high volume PHEV/EV/Hybrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016, 06:24 PM

And here I was hoping for a 1.2L-Turbo 6MT AWD version.
I might even settle for the 2.0L version if it came with a 6MT and AWD with all the tech goodies.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by azian_advanced View Post
And here I was hoping for a 1.2L-Turbo 6MT AWD version.
I might even settle for the 2.0L version if it came with a 6MT and AWD with all the tech goodies.
Unfortunately the AWD is something you're going to have to miss out on. I as well was hoping for the AWD variant but this kinda put's a stump in those plans.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:16 AM

Do we have any details on the trim levels, XLE and XLE Premium, and what they each have to offer?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2016, 10:56 AM

So far, only the Europe sites have trims and specs for the C-HR: https://www.toyota-europe.com/new-cars/c-hr/index/specs

But other countries may not see the same features in each trim. Just wish Toyota would update their sites soon.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:00 AM

In the UK, all three trims comes with Toyota's Safety Sense system with pre-collision braking, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control lane departure warning and automatic headlamps. The top two trims get standard blind-spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. Maybe the same standard equipment would make its way to North America.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:55 AM

Maybe the states will get the 1.2-liter turbo at a later date. It's a pretty nice engine with a peak torque of 136 lb-ft and it's available mid-range, around 1500 rpm - 4000 rpm. It's supposed to feel faster than the factory estimated 0-62 mph time.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Don't you just love when a vehicle out does it's specs in real world testing. Makes you feel more accomplished lol. That being said, a 1.2L turbo release down the line would be great, the only problem is do I want to grab the 2.0 when it comes out or wait and hope that the 1.2 comes soon enough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in