Toyota C-HR Production is Underway - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Toyota C-HR Production is Underway

The lines are rolling and the Toyota C-HR will be arriving soon. To UK members at least.

The first UK customer deliveries are to be expected by January 2017.
Quote:
Built in Turkey, with hybrid engines supplied by the company’s Deeside engine plant in North Wales, the transmissions are from Poland. Toyota says it has invested an additional £7.1 million in Toyota Manufacturing UK’s operations to bring the hybrid engine into production.
Via: Toyota starts production of new C-HR Crossover ? New Car Net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 AM

I don't mind the UK customers getting first dibs, they'll essentially be beta testing the C-HR for the rest of the world. There's bound to be a few kinks Toyota still needs to work out of the C-HR and I'd rather not be the guinea pig.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

My thoughts exactly.

I never liked buying a vehicle fresh and brand new from first year production anyhow. Let majority of the TSBs and what not come out, and then I'll look into grabbing one. Check out build qualities and all of that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 10:18 AM

Speaking of build quality, has the C-hr crash test ratings been released yet? I assume it has to pass the European crash test before going into production.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

I personally haven't seen anything come out yet. I don't even think they have safety ratings or anything else out.

Actually quite interested to see how it fares. Really don't see it being anything less than satisfactory though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Won't be surprised to see it score excellent in every category, except for maybe pedestrian safety. The front design is quite pointy and angular.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page