RS-R Coilovers Toyota C-HR - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

RS-R Coilovers Toyota C-HR

Let the slammage begin. RS-R has already developed coilovers for the C-HR.

Here's a photo with the Sports-i Coilovers installed to a height that I'm actually quite comfortable with and like very much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:45 PM

Not a fan of stanced and slammed mods, just have a fear of wheels rubbing against the wheel well when going over bumps and hole. I;m sure cornering grip and performance is enhanced, but not worth it to me and at the cost of ride comfort.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Don't have any info on spring rates or anything so they could actually maintain a fair bit of comfort, as for the height, it seems that it's at a level where the wheels wouldn't rub on the inside. But it definitely isn't for everyone.

Me personally, this is the absolute lowest I would go and be happy with. Anything lower and I would absolutely hate it as I'm completely opposed to having your vehicle so low to the point where drive-ability is compromised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 AM

Some vehicles are lowered to the point where a bit of the wheel is hidden by the wheel well. What we're seeing isn't that bad but is I'm purchasing a crossover, I'd rather not sit so low. That's what coupes are for and they come that low from factory.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:19 AM

Some people definitely prefer that look on just about anything, but it's a small amount of people compared to the overall buyers obviously. Me, I like seeing them, but I'd rather keep stock height for comfort and taking the C-HR onto some different terrains.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:58 AM

Other than the coilovers, I'm liking the all black look on the C-HR. Sometimes a car can look flat if you go all black but the C-HR has enough ridges and pinched metal to pull it off.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

When the light hits the ridges, pinches, and lines on an all black C-HR, it just highlights all those features so beautifully. In the night time driving through the streets under the street lights, it would really look super sporty.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:17 PM
SiR

Can't wait for these to be launched, hopefully these allow for enough adjustability because dampening is one thing I want to play around with. Although this isn't in any way a super sporty vehicle, any way to make my commutes that much more enjoyable is a plus, have to carve out those turns.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:10 AM

I'm looking forward to leaving the height and maybe some strut and sway bars. Reduce the body roll, put some stickier tires on it and call it a nice daily driver that I can use to have some fun on some bendy roads.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 01:01 AM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRRegular View Post
I'm looking forward to leaving the height and maybe some strut and sway bars. Reduce the body roll, put some stickier tires on it and call it a nice daily driver that I can use to have some fun on some bendy roads.
That's a good mix. To start I'll get springs and when they come out i'll get coilovers with air bags, which should serve me well. I have a mix of city driving and then out to cottage area which calls for a slightly higher ride height.

If the CH-R is really that good, it will be my long term buy that I do some decent range of mods on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page