2017 Toyota C-HR vs. 2017 Honda HR-V - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

2017 Toyota C-HR vs. 2017 Honda HR-V

I think the C-HR blows the HR-V away in aesthetics as well as interior. This video doesn't really tell you much, but it does give nice comparison shots and blurbs of info on features.

The HR-V comes with brake hold and hill-assist though, I didn't see them mention those features for the C-HR.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:30 PM

Brake hold and hill assist I won't be too worried about considering I'll be getting the automatic transmission. I don't go anywhere that has a hill at such a large angle, the transmission wouldn't keep it up by itself.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:37 PM
SiR

To me this stuff is borderline useless. Hill assist is probably the best it gets so you don't roll back while moving from a stand still on a hill, but some simple driving practices that you can apply in many other driving situations can be used here. What were we doing before all this tech came out? ....Exactly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

I don't disagree with that at all, but in that sense, majority of any of this new technology is borderline useless. Cars in the 90's, most they had was cruise control. They functioned and worked perfectly fine. The point isn't that we need these things, it just makes life a lot more convenient.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:52 AM

The 2017 Honda HR-V is more pedestrian compared to the Toyota C-HR and I think Honda's product quality has gone down recently if the amount of complaints regarding their new Civic is any indication. Flimsy panels and brakes lights that are detaching. With Toyota, you'll be getting a more exciting design and that Toyota reliability I've come to love.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:34 AM

The new Civic actually did take some heat if I remember correctly and got beat out by the Chevy Cruze. I think the Civic was failing on the reliability side of things. Forgot which award or whatever publication it was for though.

The C-HR, exciting I think is the perfect word for it. That's what we need.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:55 AM

The exterior and interior designs are just night and day when you compare the Honda to the C-HR. But how do they compare performance wise?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

The AWD system on the C-HR is more sophisticated and responds faster. HRV has slightly better suspension. C-HR has better driver assist technologies. C-HR has more power.

More in depth information and everything above has been pulled from here : Toyota C-HR vs Honda HR-V | Planet Subaru All Wheel Drive Experts near Boston in Hanover, Massachusetts
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 11:25 AM

Seems like the C-HR is the overall winner aside from its suspension, but you shouldn't really feel that unless there's a lot of pot holes and uneven roads where you're driving. And I like the opaque rear glass in the C-HR, means I don't have to tint it myself.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Lol the roads in my area are quite surprising... I don't even know what they use our taxes for..

I won't mind at all though. I'm used to being in cars that are lowered or have tighter suspension installed, I'm all for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page