TRD Aero Kit 2017 Toyota C-HR - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

TRD Aero Kit 2017 Toyota C-HR

We've seen Modellista posted on here not too long ago, here's the TRD aero kits. One being called Aggressive and Extreme.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:45 AM

I like the black wrap under the headlights, ties into the lower grille very well. Reminds me of the Lexus grille design with how it pinches in the middle.
But that front spoiler with the light looks like the one from Modellista.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:25 PM

I legit had to put the two pictures side by side to see the differences between the Modellista and TRD kits. I do like those lip lights though, something about them really gets me. I really need to see these in person though because I have a feeling they'll look very Need For Speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:03 AM

They are very similar with small differences. I actually prefer the TRD Aero Kit on the yellow C-HR except for the large black fender flares. The factory wheel arches are already large enough, there's really no need to make them even beefier.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

The OE fenders and quarters definitely show a good amount of definition when it comes to width. But I do like how the yellow one with the flares matches up with the side plastic panels. That being said, it definitely seems a little excessive. This may actually be a tougher decision then I thought though. Initially I really liked the white one completely over the yellow, but now that I keep looking back at them, it's kind of evening out with pros and cons to each.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 10:42 AM

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) is the same division responsible for the off-road-ready variants of the Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner. Surprised they haven't come out with something more off-road orientated.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:38 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
Toyota Racing Development (TRD) is the same division responsible for the off-road-ready variants of the Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner. Surprised they haven't come out with something more off-road orientated.
That's because this is not exactly the segment for that kind of thing, not nearly as much as go fast parts or parts that look the part.

Off-Road parts are more common the higher up you go, Tacoma, FJ, etc.

We'll even see a low turn out for off-road parts here.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Here are some real life shots of the kits out in the open. Gives you a much better idea on what it'll look like.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:09 PM
SiR

I like how these kits look but I can't help but think how much better the CH-R can look with a spindle grille and the new camry is a good example of that already happening with Toyota:

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:50 AM

The TRD kits actually looks even better in real life, but the side skirts on that Aggressive Style kit is just trying too hard. May as well lower the C-HR while you're at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page