Reviews Are Pouring In - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Reviews Are Pouring In

Toyota is finally letting journalists take a crack at the new C-HR and reviews are pouring in.

Here's a few I've found so far:
New Toyota C-HR Hybrid 2016 review | Auto Express
Toyota C-HR (2017) review by CAR Magazine
Toyota C-HR review: small crossover tested | Top Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 09:45 AM

7inch screen and optional JBL stereo is something I look forward into hearing more about. I've been seeing a lot of infotainment issues these days and that would be a huge pet peeve for me. The audio system needs to be up to par as well as I'm a huge music junkie, especially when I drive. Hopefully when these start sprouting at dealers I can get a feel for it
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:45 AM

It takes the C-HR 11 seconds to go from 0-62mph, that's a lot slower than I was expecting from the hybrid model. If nothing else, it's fuel efficient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Didn't see that until you mention it. Maybe a more powerful variant will come out in the future. The power output and acceleration may not be the best, but the c-hr is expected to handle very well with very little body roll.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 10:45 AM

That's a long time to get up to highway speeds. If those are the numbers for the hybrid then I may as well take a look at the 1.2-litre model, but that's not going to be available in North america.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 02:55 PM
SiR

These articles basically gave away the fact that America will be getting the 2.0 since all these guys talked about the 1.2 and 1.8 and out of these 3 reviews that's all they got, no one had a 2.0.

Plus if you look at the American automotive landscape a 2.0 w/ CVT works perfectly.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:27 AM

Glad to hear that we're most likely getting a 2.0L option, don't think we'll be all that enthused with under-powered engines. We'll have to wait a while before 2.0 test vehicles makes its way across the pond for testing.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Autocar has reviewed the C-HR too and they think the chassis deserves a better powertrain. I do agree with them, but it'll be down to a test drive before purchase. Maybe it'll be adequate for my needs, but I'm hoping for a drive feel that matches the exterior.

2017 Toyota C-HR Hybrid Excel review review | Autocar
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
Autocar has reviewed the C-HR too and they think the chassis deserves a better powertrain. I do agree with them, but it'll be down to a test drive before purchase. Maybe it'll be adequate for my needs, but I'm hoping for a drive feel that matches the exterior.

2017 Toyota C-HR Hybrid Excel review review | Autocar
Here's the chunk at the end that has their overall opinion.

Quote:
Should I buy one?
Assuming Toyota’s market research is correct and its customer base really isn’t too fussed about how their new car will actually drive, a creditable-handling but poor-performing derivative might actually be 50% over-engineered for their tastes.

But anyone who is interested in the driving experience and likes a true sense of completeness to their new car couldn’t really fail to be underwhelmed by the weedy, unengaging feel of the hybrid powerplant. With Toyota’s 1.2-litre petrol engine and a conventional manual gearbox, we’d expect the C-HR to be much better.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:47 AM

So we can't expect much from the automatic transmission and if we want performance on top of looks, we need to go manual? I'd all for going pure petrol for my power train, but I'm not a fan of manual gearboxes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page