Windshield Distortion - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Windshield Distortion

Hey everyone,

I've had my C-HR for a week now. Got it at Lipton Toyota in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

I love this car, it feels like a breath of fresh air after driving a Tacoma for a couple of years.

There is one slight issue (at least for my OCD). The windshield has a wavy distortion all across the glass, which becomes more noticeable when looking at objects far away.

I just had the dealer look at it, and they agreed. However, every C-HR on their lot has the same issue. It doesn't impair my driving, but it is annoying.

Dealer says they highly doubt there will be a recall since the car is new, only time will tell. Worse case scenario, I can get a free windshield from the insurance, but if all OEM windshields are the same then it won't make a difference.

I highly suggest you take a close look at your windshield if you just bought one or if you are test driving one.

Again, it doesn't affect my driving, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to my eyes lol.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:48 AM

I haven't noticed this, from driving quite a few C-HRs now. I'll try to notice it next time!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 11:09 AM

Have you tried polishing the glass maybe ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Polishing won't do much if the glass is inherently wavy. That's an odd oversight from Toyota and I agree with the dealer, they won;t recall it unless the glass could cause an accident down the road.

What insurance are you with if they're willing to cover glass replacement?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
State Farm.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Vargas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
State Farm.
But, the "free" windshield is due to Florida law, which requires any insurance company to give people with comprehensive coverage, a new windshield free of deductible payment, if the windshield is damaged or impairs driving.

I had a 2013 Camaro that got a slight scratch on the windshield, nothing catastrophic, but the insurance changed it for free. I had Allstate at that time.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:57 AM

But even if they're all the same, it'll be pointless to change it like you said
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 05:22 PM

Smile Wind shield issues in UK

You should take a look on the UK forum, there are now 20 + owners who have wind shield cracked inside right hand top corner. We are a friendly bunch not just members from the UK, but all over Europe and some Aussies.

It won't let me post the link to the UK forum, but if you search under chrforums uk on google you find it, once on the page you'll see the topic under faults
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwax View Post
You should take a look on the UK forum, there are now 20 + owners who have wind shield cracked inside right hand top corner. We are a friendly bunch not just members from the UK, but all over Europe and some Aussies.

It won't let me post the link to the UK forum, but if you search under chrforums uk on google you find it, once on the page you'll see the topic under faults

Yes, I'm glad you brought the subject up, as I've followed the cracking windshield issue on the other forum for weeks, with new trepidation about getting the C-HR...I must say, everyone has dealt with this issue in a very mannerly and understanding way, although it must be gut wrenching to have this type of problem right from the beginning, in many cases! I'm heartened to see that most of the affected owners still love their C-HR despite this issue and I'll be getting one soon...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwax View Post

Nevertheless, according my Toyota dealer, in the Netherlands this problem has not yet occurred

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page